What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Al Jarreau Jarreau / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR 28123

9 Likes

2 Likes

14 Likes

Gary Numan - Intruder. I have not heard from him since “The Pleasure Principle (1979). Very good, will have to back track on his material.

5 Likes

Blimey, Hallmark eh?

Memories of Woolies, Marble Arches and what was the other one? Pickwick? :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Natalie Merchant, paradise is there. The new tigerlily recordings. Wondering what could be fitting after Sara K in concert which is one of my favorite Sara K album if not the favorite. I think this Natalie Merchant would do! So smooth, so soothing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous, probably one of the most contentious live albums, but it’s still bloody great!

14 Likes

Fausto - Por Este Rio Acima - Tidal 16/44
As recommended by @anon29651526, an enjoyable album. It’s a blend of European and other influences, complex music with an enjoyable driving beat. The vocal style stricken me as recognisably Iberian, it’s a fine album of intelligent music.

2 Likes

Santana Moonflower / 2003 Columbia / US CD / C2K63594

20 Likes

Again , thank you for the kind words.
The lyrics are exceptional.
Probably the best ever made in Portugal
I will try to find and translate whenever I can

Antony and the Johnsons
Wonderful atmospheric vocals by Anohni.

7 Likes

Seconded! A&TJs were quite exceptional to my ears.

1 Like

H.C. McEntire - Lionheart - 24/96 FLAC download
Such a classy country rock album, a hymn to the American South, but not a simple one, she addresses head on the challenges of growing up gay in the South. Lovely music, superb singing and playing.

6 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations Cardoso, I’m really enjoying them.

1 Like

it’s the best compliment you can give me.
if you want more suggestions, just say so. I am happy to exchange new experiences.

Definitely, it’s lovely exploring new music. Thanks :grinning:

1 Like

3 Likes

Peter Frampton Band - Frampton Forgets The Words.

10 Likes

Asylum Street Spankers - The Last Laugh
A live album of acoustic gospel, blues and Americana which has great muscianship and vocals.

3 Likes

Good luck.

1 Like