What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Perfect tunes to beautiful weather on a bank holiday, being joined by a lovely Rose from south of France.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - CARNAGE

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Nick & Warren on my Headphones with this album released digitally in February with vinyl scheduled for June. Enjoying the opening track and look forward to the rest of the album! Thanks to @SneakyPete for giving me a heads up on this album…

4 Likes

Probably going on after Miles’s Tutu, maybe still too much sunlight, but a great album

Now playing…

Henry Threadgill Sextet - You Know the Number

Henry Threadgill (Bass Flute, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Pheeroan akLaff (Percussion), Fred Hopkins (Bass), Frank Lacy (Trombone), Diedre Murray (Cello), Reggie Nicholson (Percussion), Rasul Siddik (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with this 1987 release from Henry and he and the sextet are sounding sweet!

2 Likes

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young | Déjà Vu | 1970 ~ 1983 MFSL
Because it remains a lovely sunny and warm day, this one accompanies it nicely.

12 Likes

Edward Simon Group Beauty Within / 1994 Audioquest / US CD / AQCD1025

1 Like

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - Magic

Sean Rowe (Floor Tom, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Adrian Cohen (Piano), Nic Fera (Drums), Clarke Foley (Bowed Bass), Cara May Gorman (Vocals),
Matthew Loiacono (Drums), Troy Pohl (Bass, Electric Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Xylophone), Danny Whelchel (Drums) and Monica Wilson (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Sunday morning with Sean Rowe’s Magic which, as always, is sounding mighty sweet! Looking forward to a fun day listening to music, life is grand!

5 Likes

Fantastic Negreto | Have You Lost Your Mind Yet? | 2020
A change of tack with this, one of last year’s better albums.

10 Likes

James Horner

James Horner - The Classics

Edward

1 Like

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Stones In The Road

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Kenny Aronoff (Drums, Percussion), Paul Brady (Tin Whistle, Vocals, Whistle Instrument), J.T. Brown (Bass, Fretless Bass), Jon Carroll (Accordion, Piano), Shawn Colvin (Vocals), Don Dixon (Bass), Stuart Duncan (Fiddle, Mandolin), John Jennings (Baritone Bass, Bells, Cowbell, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hammond organ, Percussion, Plucked Piano, Vocals), Robbie Magruder (Drums), Branford Marsalis (Soprano Saxophone), Alan O’Bryant (Vocals), Lee Roy Parnell (Guitar, Slide Guitar), Matt Rollings (Piano), Steuart Smith (Electric Guitar), Benmont Tench (Hammond organ, Piano), Linda Williams (Vocals), Robin Williams (Vocals), Trisha Yearwood (Vocals)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… moving on this morning with Mary’s ‘Stones In The Road’ album and as always she is sounding sublime! One of my favorites, a wonderful musician, songwriter and singer and one sweet album!

14 Likes

First live gig I’ve heard of theirs.

I’ve been missing out. This is mighty fine.

12 Likes

Thievery Corporation - The Temple of I & I. A little chill out music for working late.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Beverley Knight - Who I Am.

3 Likes

LP - CBS 1977 : )

This album features Lewis’s collaboration with Stevie Wonder on the songs “Spring High” and the title track, which Wonder wrote and arranged :+1:

A more sincere album than the funky Salongo, and Sun Goddess which indeed goes off the scale on my funk-o-meter :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

4 Likes

I would love to have seen this guy live……you can feel his presence on these recordings, let alone in person.

10 Likes

Just finishing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Come On Come On

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), J.T. Brown (Bass, Vocals), Jon Carroll (Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Rosanne Cash (Vocals), Shawn Colvin (Vocals), Denny Dadmun-Bixby (Bass), Joe Diffie (Vocals), Jerry Douglas (Dobro), Paul Franklin (Guitar, Steel Guitar, Pedabro, Pedal Steel), Bob Glaub (Bass), Indigo Girls (Vocals), John Jarvis (Piano), John Jennings (Bass, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Vocals), John Jorgenson (Guitar, Electric Guitar), Robbie Magruder (Drums), Mike McAdam (Guitar, Electric Guitar, Tremolo), Edgar Meyer (Bass, Double Bass), Andy Newmark (Drums), Amy Ray (Vocals), Matt Rollings (Piano), Emily Saliers (Vocals) and Benmont Tench (Hammond organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continued on this afternoon with Mary with this fantastic and talented group of supporting musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet! Just love her music and sounding mighty special today…

13 Likes

Now playing…

Natalie Merchant - Paradise is There: The New Tigerlily Recordings

Natalie Merchant (Vocals), Jesse Murphy (Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass), Gabriel Gordon (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Stanley Moore (Cello), Allison Miller (Drums, Percussion), Uri Sharlin (Piano, Accordion), Sharel Cassity (Tenor Saxophone), Marandi Hostetter (Viola) and Scot Moore (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Natalie with an album I just love, great vocals and supporting cast of talented musicians supporting her and sounding superb! Such a wonderful voice, just love it…

16 Likes

Clare Teal - Paradisi Carousel.

6 Likes