What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Time for a revisit

6 Likes

The most epic of soundtracks, even on a Sunday night when nothing much seems to be happening:

18 Likes

Verve Jazz Masters 46 - Ella Fitzgerald The Jazz Sides, just pure brilliance.

13 Likes

Michael Franks Passionfruit / 1987 Warner / US CD / 9239622

3 Likes

Now Playing…

Lucinda Williams - West

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Lucinda’s album ‘West’ released in 2007 and contains one fine collection of songs. Lucinda and the band are sounding sublime!

11 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, patchwork. Very different patchwork to Paula Cole’s. Soft and flows. Been saving this one. So nice to start the week with this one! Lovely cover art too. :heart:

10 Likes

Now playing…

Pink Floyd - Meddle

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Pink Floyd’s ‘Meddle’ and it is sounding mighty sweet!

25 Likes

Now playing…

John Mellencamp - Other People’s Stuff

John Mellencamp (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), David Roe (Bass), Jay Bellerose (Drums, Percussion), Andy York (Guitar), T Bone Burnett (Guitar) and Miriam Strurm (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon and taking John’s December 2018 album release out for a spin and he and the band is sounding sublime! …one fine album.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Sting - Mercury Falling

Sting (Guitar (Bass Guitar, Vocals), Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums),
B.J. Cole (Pedal Steel), The East London Gospel Choir (Vocals), Lance Ellington (Vocals), Wayne Jackson (Trumpet), Kenny Kirkland (Keyboards), Shirley Lewis (Vocals), Andrew Love (Saxophone), Branford Marsalis (Saxophone), The Memphis Horns (Horns), Dominic Miller (Guitar), Gerry Richardson (Hammond Organ), Kathryn Tickell (Northumbrian Smallpipes, Vocals) and Tony Walters (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Sting and this fine group of talented musicians and they are sounding sublime! …just love this album, one of my favorites.

8 Likes

Might follow @seakayaker lead and some Sting, The Dream of the Blue Turtles on a beautiful Monday morning.

16 Likes

The cover was painted by Bobbie herself @davidng

2 Likes

Talking Heads Little Creatures.

21 Likes

Patricia Barber, Night Club. CD.

She’s prpbably better known for singing and playing he own material, but Patricia Barber also shines on this album of jazz classics, revisited of course à la Barber.

According to the liner notes, she recorded that album for her mom, who was a big fan of those jazz classics. As far as I’m concerned that’s a very good thing, as it allows us to discover another facet of that fascinating artist.

As usual with Patricia Barber, sound quality of this CD (mastered at 24KHz from analog sources) is excellent. I had the privilege of hearing her live at the Green Mill in Chicago a few years ago, and listening to that CD is the next best thing.

Barber Nightclub

Claude

12 Likes

The Byrds Fifth Dimension

21 Likes

War The World is a Ghetto

8 Likes

Great album - I’ve got it

Now your get back to work🤪

It’s excellent album.

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek - Officium Novum

Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), The Hilliard Ensemble: David James (Countertenor),Rogers Covey-Crump (Tenor), Steven Harrold (Tenor), Gordon Jones (Baritone) and Bruno Ganz (Speaker).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… it may have been a year since I last played this album and once again closing out the day with the Jan’s saxophones singing with the fanatic ‘Hilliard Ensemble’ and together they are sounding sublime! Some wonderful music to help prepare the body and mind to enter the dream world…

6 Likes

XTC Apple Venus Pt1

10 Likes

Nick Lowe At My Age :grin:

11 Likes