What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Continuing the post-pub chillout.

Very distinctive voice, great arrangements. Lovely.
Wow…Call Me A Fool with the great Carla Thomas! HOF in one shot.
Two shots: Two Roads.

5 Likes

I’ve just bought this record so thought I’d share it with you

Cannonball Aderley Sextet Ft Yusef Lateef - Brother John on Germany Television 1963.

5 Likes

Having a look through Youtube I came across this.

Chet Baker - Time After Time on Belgium TV (1964)

5 Likes

Glad you liked it.

There is also a 6 track self titled EP from 2013 which is excellent as well and it is available as a free download from the band’s website. Pity they have not released more stuff, lovely sound.

Peter

1 Like

More from Youtube Not always the best quality sound but still…

Bill Evans - My Foolish Heart

6 Likes

Relaxing to listen to Mozart well played…

9 Likes

1981 EMI Electrola vinyl by the late great Can bassist/electro-alchemist.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Eberhard Weber - Later That Evening

Eberhard Weber (Bass), Paul McCandless (Soprano Saxophone, Oboe, English Horn, Bass Clarinet) Bill Frisell (Guitar), Lyle Mays (Piano) and Michael DiPasqua (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the noon hour with Everhard and this very fine and talented quintet and they are sounding sublime! Definitely one of my favorites and just love the opening track with the piano playing of Lyle Mays, simply beautiful, and well worth the time to give a listen…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Birthday over… back to the music!

18 Likes

Hunting music - first run

1 Like

Had our fingerprints taken and residence permit info entered on the central 'puter today. Now sitting chilling with

Folksynina

and a glass of dry prosecco.

5 Likes

And Nils’ solo is also exquisite.

1 Like

Listening to this it’s almost like the “Delines” are the backing band

8 Likes

Now playing…

John Scofield - Grace Under Pressure

John Scofield (Electric Guitar), Joey Baron (Drums), Randy Brecker (Flugelhorn), John Clark (French Horn), Bill Frisell (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Charlie Haden (Bass) and Jim Pugh (Trombone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with a couple of great guitarists and a group of all star musicians making up this fantastic band and they are sounding sublime! …I had played this about a month ago and thought it was worthwhile to give it another spin…

6 Likes

You could say this is part of a trilogy of recent albums produced by the man of the moment Dan Auerbach. Along with the Black Keys Delta Kream and Tony Joe White there is this one:

11 Likes

Have you heard the live in Stuttgart set yet Kev? Mine in ghastly orange vinyl is winging its way to me as I write.

1 Like

Fink - Perfect Darkness.

7 Likes

Mine’s on its way too, Blue – hoping to get it tomorrow.

2 Likes

Good call Andy👍

1 Like