What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Chris Rea - Auberge

Chris Rea (Guitar, Classical Guitar, Harmonica, Hammond organ, Slide Guitar), Robert Ahwai (Bass), Simon Clarke ( Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone), Martin Ditcham (Drums, Percussion), Anthony Dreman (Dobro, Guitar), Nick Hitchens (Tuba), Carol Kenyon (Vocals), The Kick Horns (Horn Arrangements), Roddy Lorimer (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Max Middleton (Piano, String Arrangements), Tim Sanders (Tenor Saxophone), J. Neil Sidwell (Trombone), Paul Spong (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Linda Taylor (Vocals) and Rick Taylor (Trombone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with Chris’s ‘Auberge’ album, and Chris and the band is sounding sublime! Just a beautiful way to start this sunny and blue sky day and this is a very sweet album and my favorite from Chris…

12 Likes

Sabrina Malheiros Clareia / 2017 Far Out / UK CD / FARO199CD

Great recent purchase, with excellent Brazilian vocals / music = perfect for summertime.

3 Likes

Beautiful navigation of influences and her own amazing muse.

Sorceress - Jess Williamson

6 Likes

That’s a real grower that album, Charles. Have you heard Cosmic Wink from 2018? It’s just as good.

Here we go. I will see you all in a couple of hours’ time…

6 Likes

We Out Here nice Jazz comp
On Vinyl

3 Likes

1st run

3 Likes

Gerry Rafferty | City To City | 1977
A great album from the man, wonderful songs and tunes.

18 Likes

A bit flat, would have expected a bit more drive and fireworks…

1st number immediately draws you in…

10 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Rea - King of the Beach

Chris Rea (Bass, Drum Programming, Guitar, Keyboards, Hammond Organ),
Martin Ditcham (Drums, Percussion), Julie Isaac (Vocals), Debbie Longworth (Vocals), Max Middleton (Fender Rhodes, Piano), and Pete Wingfield (Hammond Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from Chris Rea and he and the band and are sounding sublime! …with the warm weather, sunny and blue skies, it is easy to dream of lazy summer days on the beach ahead…

7 Likes

Gregg Allman | Southern Blood | 2017
His final music and very good it is too.

10 Likes

No, not yet. The recent one was first time I’d come across her music. Will check it out, though.

1 Like

I’ve seen this a good few times here, so thought I’d give it go.
Great voice, that’s for sure.

Saint Cloud - Waxahatchee

9 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Rea - Tennis

Chris Rea (Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Slide Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Robert Ahwry (Guitar), Dave Burton (Guitar), Jimmy Chambers (Vocals), George Chandler (Vocals), Martin Ditcham (Percussion), Geoff Driscoll (Saxophone), Stuart Epps (Vocals), Raoul Gonzales (Trombone, Bass Trombone), Mick Hutchinson (Bass, Guitar), Kevin Leach (Keyboards), Bruce Lynch (Bass), Dave Mattacks (Drums), Max Middleton (Keyboards), Norman Nosebait (Drums), Eoghan O’Neill (Bass), Raphael Ravenscroft (Saxophone), Mark Rea (Percussion), Lee Thornberg (Trumpet), Lee Thornburg (Trumpet), Graham Watson (Accordion, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals) and Pete Wingfield (Keyboards, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Chris and he and the band is sounding sublime this morning!

8 Likes

The Black Keys - Delta Kream
CD|2021

15 Likes

Carole King | Tapestry | 1971
Fifty years old and first given to me by a girlfriend at the time a wonderful album that’s great to play again for all sorts of reasons.

29 Likes

HARP - A Time To Sing - WAV CD rip
HARP was an American folk supergroup which did a few gigs in the mid-‘80s, Ronnie Gilbert and Pete Seeger from the Weavers (folk pioneers from the ‘40s through to the ‘60s), Arlo Guthrie and Hollie Near whose careers started in the late ‘60s/early ‘70s. This is powerful committed folk from 4 singers who are all superb, from a re-release double CD which expands a lot on the original single LP release. Loads of brilliant performances, worth it for Arlo’s beautiful rendition of City of New Orleans alone.

1 Like

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott - Crooked Calypso - WAV CD rip
A set of wonderful songs from Paul and Jacqui, Heaton writes great pop-rock numbers, powerful lyrics with lots of humour, catchy tunes with hooks that stay with you. They’re both excellent singers and their voices harmonise beautifully. Excellent album from Heaton who I think is one of the great English quirky singer-songwriters.

5 Likes

Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East (Live In Japan)

8 Likes