What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

A great quartet

8 Likes

Yazz Ahmed - La Saboteuse - Naim (2017)

This excellent debut even got the thumbs up from ‘er indoors’ which is most unusual. In the next couple of weeks I’ll try Polyhymnia the gynocentric follow up.

s-l500

6 Likes

Been listening to a lot of Fink recently. Great musician.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Bruce Springsteen - Letter To You

Bruce Springsteen (Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Roy Bittan (Piano, Vocals), Jake Clemons (Saxophone), Charles Giordano (Organ, Vocals), Nils Lofgren (Guitar, Vocals), Patti Scialfa (Vocals), Garry Tallent (Bass Guitar, Vocals), Steven Van Zandt (Guitar, Vocals) and Max Weinberg (Drums, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with Bruce and he and the band are sounding sublime! …a very enjoyable album and better with each spin…

14 Likes

Herbie Hancock Empyrean Isles / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349879621

11 Likes

In a perfect world all albums would be as good as this one.

1 Like

Once one starts with Can, one might as well continue. Their first album, on a wonderful-sounding SACD:

5 Likes

Oneness of juju - African Rhythms 1970 - 82

3 Likes

The Monster Who Hated Pennsylvania by Damien Jurado. Latest release by this very talented singer-songwriter

4 Likes

Fine playing

8 Likes

Yes he is, I remember he was a bit of a forum favourite a couple of years back.

1 Like

A bit of a summer feel to the listening this evening

17 Likes

Pulled this out to play only to notice @Pete_the_painter was also enjoying something from the good doctor earlier

Dr. John, the night tripper - Gris Gris, still sounding as unique and interesting today, as it did all those years ago.

13 Likes

2 x LP - Kling Klang Produkt 2009 : )

KRAFTWERK - THE MIX

12 Likes

Another Can SACD. Tago Mago is, along with Future Days, their masterpiece.

8 Likes

Would Jimmy Smith be worried if he was alive still, probably not. However this is a fine album from Larry Young and his major influence is quite obvious.

3 Likes

A bit more from Mr Rebennack as the previous album’s playing time is quite short
The Very Best Of Dr. John.

13 Likes

Not one of my regulars but I’m beginning to wonder why.

8 Likes

That’s a problem with the good Doctor his albums are never long enough. :+1:

1 Like

Good morning Pete :+1:

1 Like