What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

And a good evening to you. Hope you guys are enjoying your summer

2 Likes

Sshhh, we’ve had 4 days of summer, don’t jinx us!

4 Likes

It seems everybody is, remarkably quiet on here tonight. Still, at least the weather shouldn’t be an issue for the Test match tomorrow.

2 Likes

James Taylor - Sweet Baby James - WAV CD rip
From the 2019 reissue boxset, one of the great singer-songwriter albums. Wonderful songs, so well sung and played, great music.

16 Likes

Evening, young man, trust you are well? :+1:

Very well thanks Alan, had my second jab yesterday, seeing a few friends and family again, hope you’re doing well.

1 Like

Very well thanks Eoin, Like yourself, second jab out of the way and just back from The Wirral after visiting close friends.

1 Like

Good to hear Alan.

1 Like

Introducing Ruben Gonzalez, " The greatest piano soloist I have ever heard in my life. A Cuban cross between Thelonious Monk and Felix the Cat " to quote Ry Cooder.

14 Likes

Clare Teal, they say it’s swing. Feel like I am seeping martini in a bar in a late evening listening to this. Actual fact is that it’s is a cold morning and I am drinking coffee looking at work. But it’s awesome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Somehow the cover made me wonder if it’s a xmas album. It’s not! I feel like swinging with it don’t mean a thing. Won’t post a pic and ruin your imagination. :rofl:

5 Likes

Glad you are enjoying a little bit of Clare there David. I haven’t purchased that release yet, thanks for the reminder :+1:

1 Like

No @AlanP , thank YOU! I live in a hole and never even knew about Clare until you mentioned her. :joy:

Thank you!

1 Like

Voices of love 2, Evosound audiophile female vocal. I will be honest, the word audiophile made me do it! :rofl: it is good! :+1:

If you are enjoying her so much I heartily recommend the A Tribute To Ella Fitzgerald album. Both Clare and the orchestra were recorded live direct to disc in real time and is a fantastic recording. I don’t stream, so I am not sure if it is available to do so, as the lp/cd has become very expensive.

1 Like

Thank you @AlanP , I absolutely will! Reading about Clare… famous not only for her singing, but also for having signed the biggest recording contract by a British jazz singer! :heart: And she had her big break standing in for Stacey Kent. Wow, the hole I live in is pretty deep. :rofl:

1 Like

Enjoy :laughing:

1 Like

Jim Steinman - Bad for Good - WAV CD rip
Excessive pomp rock from the man behind Meat Loaf, his voice doesn’t handle the extreme songs as well as Mr Loaf, but it’s still a damn fine album, over the top songs, fine musicians, great fun. RIP Jim.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars – Songs From The Film

Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), atti-Scialfa (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Joanna-Maurer (Violin, Concertmaster), Annaliesa Place (Violin), Elizabeth Lim-Dutton (Violin), Emma Sutton (Violin), Joyce Hammann (Violin), Laura Lutze (Violin), Maggie Gould (Violin), Monica Davis (Violin), Robin-Zeh (Violin), Celia Hatton (Viola), Maurycy Banaszek (Viola), Will Frampton (Viola), Barry Danielian (Trumpet), Curt Ramm (Trumpet), Charlie Giordano (Piano, Organ, Accordion), Marc Muller (Pedal Steel Guitar, Electric Guitar, Banjo, Acoustic Guitar), Rob Mathes (Keyboards, Piano), Henry Hey (Keyboards), Rachel Drehmann (French Horn), Zohar Schondorf (French Horn), Ben Butler (Electric Guitar, Banjo), Gunnar Olsen (Drums), Alan Stepansky (Cello), Andrew Janss (Cello), Maureen McDermott (Cello), Kaveh Rastegar (Bass Guitar), Lisa Lowell (Backing Vocals), Soozie Tyrell (Backing Vocals), Surrenity XYZ (Backing Vocals), Vaneese Thomas (Backing Vocals),

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… arriving home after doing a home visit to friend and his wife who just had major back surgery. My wife spent some time sitting with the wife while I took the husband out for a lovely long walk and cup of coffee. Now back home and putting my feet up and taking Bruce, Pattie and friends out for a spin on the Western Stars ‘Songs From The Movie’ album. One sweet album and Bruce and the band are sounding sublime!

16 Likes

That album in both forms are a regulars at my place (or when I’m walking). Just has a nice feel about it.

1 Like

Yes, The Yes Album. (not the SW remix :grin:)

22 Likes