What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Go Betweens Oceans Apart.

5 Likes

I Am Easy To Find, The Nationals

12 Likes

Now playing…

Elina Duni - Lost Ships

Elina Duni (Voice), Rob Luft (Guitar), Fred Thomas (Piano, Drums) and Matthieu Michel (Flugelhorn).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… reaching the end of the day and taking Elina’s ‘Lost Ships’ out for a spin and, as always, she and her talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! A lovely way to close out the day…

Bach before 7 on R3. Organ. Didn’t catch which piece. News now read by Danielle Jalowiecka whose voice I like very much.

Lloyd Cole Anti Depressant

6 Likes

Put your brushes down when you make a selection! :laughing:

1 Like

Tania Maria Come With Me / 2003 Concord / US Hybrid SACD / SACD10006

The summer wheels are definitely on, so starting the day with another trip to Brazil.

2 Likes

Silje Nergaard, for you a thousand times. I wish I know how to pronounce her name. :sweat_smile: Very nice easy listening. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Later this month, Rhino is releasing a massively expanded version of this classic Mingus live album (as 2 CDs in June, and on 3 LPs in July). Just listening to a review download now…

7 Likes

Caro Emerald, the shocking Miss Emerald (acoustic sessions). Very nice, I want more! :blush:

4 Likes

2 x LP - Polydor 2016 : )

Mick Jagger – lead vocals, harmonica
Keith Richards – guitar
Charlie Watts – drums
Ronnie Wood – guitar

Additional musicians

Darryl Jones – bass
Chuck Leavell – keyboards
Matt Clifford – Wurlitzer piano, electric keyboards, Hammond B3
Jim Keltner – percussion on “Hoo Doo Blues”
Eric Clapton – slide guitar on “Everybody Knows About My Good Thing”, lead electric guitar on “I Can’t Quit You Baby”

Recorded in December 2015

<>

:balloon: :balloon: Happy Birthday Charlie Watts! :birthday: :balloon:

Born in University Collage Hospital, London on 2nd June 1941 :uk:

80 years old Today! :smiley: :+1:

25 Likes

Clare Teal, and so it goes. Very sweet. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Yay!

Let’s hear it for Charlie, the Stones’ engine room … “Not Fade Away” indeed …time we had a National Charlie Watts Day … petition, anyone?

11 Likes

Jose Roberto Bertrami Blue Wave + Dreams Are Real / 1999 Milestone / US CD / MCD470822

Staying in Brazil, 2 excellent LP’s on one CD by Azymuth’s Keyboard player.

1 Like

First listen to the new album from Bristolian roots Reggae legends

Black Roots - Nothing In The Larder

Check it on Bandcamp

With “Nothing In The Larder”, Black Roots creates another original set of tracks and brings in some of the best musicians based in the UK.
Together they bring a new sound, despite the narrow confines of roots
reggae. The message is strong, coherent and relevant in today’s world of pandemic inequality, racism and discrimination.

Uncertainty and global distrust reign due to the world’s politicians, whose objective is to reduce individual freedoms and to submit populations to their will. It is in this context that Black Roots uses, as usual, roots reggae to get his message across.

In “Enlightenment”, the group calls us to see beyond reality and to rise spiritually; the message is carried by beautiful layers of brass, which reinforces this impression of escape.

Through the reggae melodies of “Nothing in the Larder”, the band provides a timely reminder that we must continue to promote equality, justice and open-mindedness.

Selah!
:heart:

1 Like

The Black Keys - Delta Kream

Voted May album of the month in the Kabin, I thought I ought to check it out. Two tracks in it seems fairly standard R&B fare (that’s proper R&B, not modern day pop music which seems to have adopted the term).

15 Likes

Diana Krall, wallflower (the complete sessions). I really prefer her many covers over the originals. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

CD, out next week on ECM:

1 Like

Bob James / Earl Klugh Cool / 2015 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28181

2 Likes

The Beatles - Love, on the dvd audio format.

13 Likes