What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Thanks. Will take a look.

br,
pat

Masayoshi Fujita, Bird Ambience. If you’re in to quirky ambient then this japanese vibraphone and marimba dude might be for you! Recommended, Qobuz 96/24

2 Likes

Now playing…

Shinya Fukumori Trio

Shinya Fukumori (Drums), Matthieu Bordenave (Tenor Saxophone) and Walter Lang (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Shinya, Matthieu and Walter and they are sounding sublime! A wonderful album and look forward to their next release, whenever that may be…

2 Likes

Goldfrapp, the singles. :heart:

Walk out into velvet
Nothing more to say
You’re my favorite moment
You’re my Saturday

'Cause you’re my number one
I’m like a dog to get you
I want it up and on
I’m like a dog to get you

11 Likes

Hi Kev. Not got your email but not sure how to give you mine as not allowed to post on here.

@Biggles , send @TheKevster an email… :wink:

Sandy Denny

Some haunting songs like the Quiet Joys of Brotherhood to enjoy.

Phil

13 Likes

Heather Nova, pearl. Nothing to do that fact that Heather’s surname is Nova like my naimie. This one is a gem! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Masters at work.

Very Pet Shop Boys.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall - Oneness

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Stan Ambrose (Harp), Mohamed Assani (Sitar), Gavin Barras (Bass), Nat Birchall (Saxophone), Chris Davies (Tablas), Adam Fairhall (Piano), Rachel Gladwin (Harp) and Gaz Hughes (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Matthew and his talented group of musicians supporting him and they are sounding sublime! One fantastic album… just so sweet…

6 Likes

Yes it was a bit of a surprise, I wasn’t expecting much.

Roxy Music, Avalon. Sun is up although it’s still too bloody cold for my liking. This one is sync with the sun and mood. :relieved:

I want to put on country life but fear album art may be a little offensive…

24 Likes

It’s actually Frith. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks @anon10403888, got it. It’s Heather Allison Frith. My nova can be Avon too given it’s my streamer. :sunglasses:

You’re forgiven. Her best album is Oyster IMHO and Island is the best track on that album. Just my opinion…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks @anon10403888! I am listening to Led Zeppelin IV right now. All, spoiler alert, it shall be followed by oyster! :wink:

17 Likes

Sandy Denny on track 3, side A is a real treat. Enjoy it!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall - Sending My Love (Special Edition)

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet ), Gavin Barras (Double Bass), Jon Thorne (Double Bass), Gaz Hughes (Drums), Roger Wickham (Flute, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Adam Fairhall (Piano) and Nat Birchall (Soprano Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another album from Matthew and his talented group of musicians and they are sounding absolutely sublime! One very fine album…

6 Likes

Shearwater - Jet Plane and Oxbow

7 Likes

Heather Nova, aka Heather Allison Frith, Oyster. Nice! Thank you @anon10403888! I will listen to Siren later, too. :blush:

4 Likes