What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Carly Simon - No Secrets

Carly Simon (ARP Synthesizer, Acoustic Guitar, Piano, String Arrangements, Synthesizer Arrangements, Vocals), Bonnie Bramlett (Vocals), Vicki Brown (Vocals), Paul Buckmaster (Choir Arrangement, Choir Conductor, Conductor, Orchestral Arrangements, Orchestration, String Arrangements, String Conductor, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Arrangements, Woodwind Arrangement), Ray Cooper (Congas, Percussion), Lowell George (Slide Guitar), Jim Gordon (Drums), David Henshaw (ARP Synthesizer), Nicky Hopkins (Piano), Mick Jagger (Vocals), Kirby Johnson (Horn Arrangements, Horn Conductor, Electric Piano, String Arrangements, String Conductor, Strings, Woodwind), David Katz (Orchestra Contractor, Violin), Jim Keltner (Drums), Paul Keough (Acoustic Guitar), Bobby Keys (Tenor Saxophone), Linda McCartney (Vocals), Paul McCartney (Vocals), Andy Newmark (Drums, Percussion), Paul (Vocals), Bill Payne (Organ), Richard Perry (Percussion), Peter Robinson (Piano), Peter Robinson (Piano), Peter Manning Robinson (Piano), Jim Ryan (Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Liza Strike (Vocals), [James Taylor (Vocals), Doris Troy (Vocals) and Klaus Voormann (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the evening hour with a request from my wife to take Carly’s ‘No Secrets’ out for a spin and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet! …a trip in the way, way back machine to days long gone by…

23 Likes

Elvis Costello Pinch the Clock

12 Likes

Sandy Denny, the best of Sandy Denny. Sad she passed at 31. But thankfully her born premature daughter Georgia survived albeit her mother’s self harm tendencies and alcohol use. I never listened to her work before today (afaik). Very nice.

9 Likes

Emmylou Harris Wrecking Ball

21 Likes

Texas, the greatest hits. :dancer::man_dancing:t2:

10 Likes

10 Likes

For a friend, Bob Dylan Desire

17 Likes

Don Rendell, Ian Carr Quintet - Blue Beginnings, Jazz In Britain (2021)

Still waiting for my vinyl copy but listening to this Flac file of this live recording broadcast on BBC Radio to promote the release of the Quintet’s excellent record Shades of Blue and very impressed with the music let’s hope the pressing is a good one.

6 Likes

Set yourself Free early in the day and all will be well.

14 Likes

What control app are you using with your streaming device?

Moonchild Little Ghost / 2019 Tru Thoughts / EU CD / TRUCD383

Super chilled start for a Saturday, excellent music, production and lyrics. A favourite find of last year this is still regularly on heavy rotation in the car.

3 Likes

Elton Johns self titled 2nd album.

16 Likes

In this room it is a Allo Digi one running Roon bridge into a RME Dac into My Supernait 2

Sounds complicated!

John Mellencamp The Lonesone Jubilee.

10 Likes

Not really, it needs some fiddling from time to time, the Allo digione is a small computer after all, but the cost/ sound quality ratio imo is really good ( Allo digi one 200 €, a very good linear power supply 200 €), and then you simply add the DAC of your choice to connnect to your existing audio system. Happy to provide some more information including pictures if you are interested. We just should move this conversation to the Streaming section.

Cheers ,

Mat

Azymuth Spectrum / 2002 Milestone / Promo Japan CD / VICJ60959

Excellent Brazilian grooves to lift the day, including a great version of Marvin’s What’s Going On.

3 Likes

Vinyl…

8 Likes

Concrete & Glass - Nicholas Godin

1 Like

This could be my album of the year so far. Highly recommended to anyone liking guitar driven music.

Cloaked in almost mythological levels of enigma, Moctar is like Prince for the globalised age, singing songs about heartbreak in a language only spoken by half a million people, but reaching listeners across the world.

4 Likes