What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Current buns out! Doing a spot of “gardening”, pint of Hophead and this fine Tidal playlist (I heartily recommend it based on the recent documentary film) of classic vintage Reggae drifting out the windows

:heart:

3 Likes

Something chilled for the warm days

1 Like

Faces - Stray Singles & B-Sides
From You Can Make Dance, Sing or Anything 1970-1975 cd box set

2 Likes

On Vinyl:

5 Likes

Fast Freddie’s Fingertips - New Town Soul
Fantastic band or bands Fast Freddie’s Fingertips and Freddy and the Donuts used to watch them at the Cartoon in Croydon years ago.

2 Likes

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer - “Emerson, Lake, & Palmer” (1970)

13 Likes

Lilly Hiatt - Walking Proof. Enjoyable album from John Hiatt’s daughter.

6 Likes

It’s money that will make the monkey dance! I’m impressed Qobuz has Nil Lara…

2 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard - Movements in Colour

Andy Sheppard (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), John Parricelli (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Arild Andersen (Double-Bass, Electronics) and Kuljit Bhamra (Tabla, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Saturday morning with Andy’s ‘Movement in Colour’ and he and the other members of the quintet are sounding sublime! I have not had this out for awhile and had forgotten how much a of a joy the opening track is, simply wonderful. Love this album…

4 Likes

Mandy Moore - “Amanda Leigh” (2009)

2 Likes

The Feeling - Twelve Stops and Home

5 Likes

On Vinyl:

Original vinyl from 1973… 48 years old and still sounds great.

15 Likes

6 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard - Romaria

Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Eivind Aarset (Guitar), Michel Benita (Double Bass) and Sebastian Rochford (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Saturday morning with Andy Sheppard and he and the quartet are sounding so sweet! …always nice to visit with an old friend on a Saturday morning, life is Grand!

1 Like

Inspired by @docbot’s post elsewhere… just wondering if I should get the Tone Poet of this…

2 Likes

Maeve O’Boyle - “All My Sins” (2009)

1 Like

Just back from a long walk in deepest darkest Suffolk. Prompted by @seakayaker playing some gorgeous jazz from Andy Sheppard in a late 80s biggish band offering Introductions in the Dark on Antilles vinyl. Movements in Colour is for me his best later work.

6 Likes

Shearwater - Animal Joy

5 Likes

Billy F Gibbons | Hardware | 4th June
Finally getting to play this after forgetting to pre-order. Loving it :sunglasses:

7 Likes

They sure did :sunglasses:

1 Like