What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

10 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

Chris Stapleton (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Morgane Stapleton (Vocals), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar), Jarrod Travis Cure (Bass Guitar), Derek Mixon (Drums) and Benmont Tench (Hammond B3).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… heading towards the end of the day and taking Chris’s ‘Starting Over’ album out for a spin and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

13 Likes

Stevie Wonder, Songs in the Key of Life.

25 Likes

Affecting and effective set of songs to soundtrack the Andy Warhol biopic.

13 Most Beautiful Songs For Andy Warhol’s Screen Tests - Dean & Britta

3 Likes

Dave Grusin Mountain Dance / 1984 GRP / Japan pressed for US CD / GRD9507

A gentle and cool start to a Monday, this features a great favourite Friends and Strangers.

4 Likes

Definitely. I got this a couple of years back when they initially pressed it and compared it against my original uk 1st press and, for me, it bettered it in all ways.

1 Like

Eliane Elias, sings Jobim. Very soft easy listening. Marvelous singing and arrangements. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Damien Rice My Favourite Faded Fantasy

7 Likes

You did indeed, one of the best sounding records I’ve bought lately
I think I recently said there are a few on here who’s views I value, and erm…you could be one of em :crazy_face:
@TheKevster any idea who did the mastering/cut?
:heart:

1 Like

Told myself I need to hear more Velvet Underground, urged on by @steviebee boot up my aris…

Starting near the beginning I guess

20210607_102331

12 Likes

Lindi Ortega, little red boots. Continuing my country music theme with this Canadian country singer’s debut album. :+1:

4 Likes

JJ Cale Troubadour

21 Likes

Waiting to hear what you think of Delmore Schwartz!

Great album - one of the finest debuts ever.

3 Likes

Greetings everyone, I’m new here and on this beautiful sunny day I’m listening to the lovely album from Tracy Chapman.

30 Likes

Welcome aboard @anon23112058, excellent choice of music to introduce yourself.

5 Likes

Shelby Lynne, suit yourself. Oh yeah, this one suits me very well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

What albums that on?
Some of this debut is more familiar than I thought, enjoying it, bits of Blues, Psychedelia, Indian/Eastern influences
The Heroin references bring back some bad memories of lost friends who went down that road, but otherwise great!
Got it, Delmore Schwartz, poet and writer, had to Google it and the song European Son
(Put Delmore Schwartz into streamers search and came up with an album called The Unreal Story Of Lou Reed - Fred Nevche ?)

1 Like

Just coming to the end of my second back to back play of PSB Disco 3, from 2003.
A brilliant edition of their, now four in total, Disco series albums.

This one is a joyous electro ride, with a good few darker edges to it, lyrically and sonically. Mostly their own material, plus a gleeful take on Try It (I’m In Love With A Married Man). One of their best recordings.

4 Likes

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell, The traveling kind. Sounds awesome! :cowboy_hat_face:

Her hair was red. A moving song.

10 Likes

Following on with Suzanne Vega.
20200430_201258

24 Likes