What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Onto Disco 4 now. This one is mostly PSB as remixers (The Killers, Rammstein, Bowie, Yoko Ono), all pretty splendidly done, particularly Walking On Thin Ice and Hello Spaceboy.

3 Likes

Lucinda Williams, essence. Not the usual Lucinda, soft and subtle. :relieved:

Last track, broken butterflies is also a moving song.

Also read a Lucinda Williams interview.

11 Likes

Continuing my crash course in VU
Only a couple of tracks in…after 30+ years working in the Mail business The Gift is an amusing listen :joy:

Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat

Sister Ray! Lo-fi streaming in the cab but…Brilliant!
Such a rewarding and intriguing listen, at turns bizarre, punk, thrash, poetic, challenging, free, RnB, you name it and above all still musical, I even hear touches of Mersey Beat sounds and surf guitar in the melting pot!
Giving myself a rebuke for somehow overlooking this band, it’s not like I’m totally unfamiliar with US bands of this period, I have plenty Stooges, MC5, The Doors etc so why VU never really entered my radar is a bit peculiar, better late than never I guess.
Cheers @steviebee for the boot up the aris!
:heart:

10 Likes

A dreamy afternoon with Dusty in Memphis.

22 Likes

Dark and perversely liberating stuff from FZ & co.

Zoot Allures - Frank Zappa

11 Likes

Kim Richey, a long way back. Apparently this is a re-make of the same album Kim did before and had the chance to improve on it. Very enjoyable and followed nicely after Lucinda William’s essence. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Ezra Furman - Perpetual Motion People

On Vinyl

Looking forward to hearing Ezra filling in for Marc Riley this week on 6 Music.

3 Likes

A touch cloudy in this part of N. Yorks, so I’ve come indoors and time for some Fabs

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour, listening to the initial cd release from '09, which, if I remember correctly is noted as being a fairly flat transfer.

16 Likes

Another eighties original vinyl I haven’t played for a while, sounding great :+1:t2: :notes:

16 Likes

Natalie Merchant, leave your sleep. Last one and a great finish before bed. Only problem with this album is that bleezer’s ice cream is making me hungry.

:chocolate_bar::green_apple::banana::melon::coconut::broccoli::corn::poultry_leg::apple::watermelon::cherries::kiwi_fruit::pancakes::meat_on_bone::pear::grapes::peach:
:tomato::croissant::cheese::waffle::tangerine::strawberry::mango::avocado::potato::hamburger::bento::fried_shrimp::taco::pizza::drooling_face:

11 Likes

Paul Desmond Take Ten / 2010 Columbia / EU CD / 88697694582

Giving this new purchase a first play - the cover picture of the CD is a worn LP sleeve!

Paul Desmond Alto Saxophone
Eugene Wright, Gene Cherico, George Duvivier Bass
Jim Hall Guitar
Connie Kay Drums

9 Likes

8 Likes

Elton John - The Superior Sound Of ( 1970- 1975 ), some of Reg’s better known work remixed to highlight the “superior” sound of the cd format.

6 Likes

Japanese Breakfast - Jubilee
CD|2021
Released Friday, first listen.
Indie pop.

1 Like

Can - Future Days
Could not resist this on coloured vinyl

7 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes:

18 Likes

Delightful on this sunny afternoon.

11 Likes

Field Mouse ‎– Meaning
CD|2019
Indie rock. First listen.

1 Like

When I was in the lower sixth form the upper sixth formers were in control of the common room turntable, and this, along with Unknown Pleasures and The Lexicon Of Love, were just about the only albums that were permitted.

Sheffield - Edinburgh - London, indeed.

11 Likes

LP3 from this triple vinyl set… :+1:t3: :notes: :sunglasses:

15 Likes