What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Chris Rea - Shamrock Diaries.

11 Likes

Bette Smith - Jetlagger

What you see is what you get.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Big Vicious

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet, Effects, Synthesizer), Uzi Ramirez (Guitar), Yonatan Albalak (Bass Guitar), Aviv Cohen (Drums) and Ziv Ravitz (Drums, Live Sampling).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Avishai’s ‘Big Vicious’ album and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! I do love this album and do believe I have had it out for a spin since January, way to long between spins…

5 Likes

What’s her name?

18 Likes

9 Likes

Google sez she is Kari-Ann Muller, who was paid £20 for the shoot.
Now a yoga teacher married to Mick Jagger’s brother. So sez Google.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply. It was not my intention to elicit a response but rather a poke at Virginia Plain. I wish you a good evening/day.

Ah…silly me…

And a good evening to you too.

Some of the best Fall recordings are on this brilliant box set.
Unlike the plethora of live Fall albums - official, semi-official, and bootlegged - these Peel sessions sound fantastic.

The Complete Peel Sessions - The Fall

6 Likes

Diana Krall - All For You, my first DK album if I remember correctly.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Andrew Cyrille - Lebroba

Andrew Cyrille (Drums), Wadada Leo Smith (Trumpet) and Bill Frisell (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on through the mid-afternoon while working through today’s exercise routine with this wonderful trio and just love the interplay between these three musicians, all at the top of their craft and the music is mighty fine! Well worth the time to give a listen if you are not familiar with the album…

4 Likes

I can’t live with or without you.

17 Likes

A long long time ago, do you have faith in God above or can music save your mortal soul? I wish everyone a goodnight/good day.

13 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

After years of near impossibility of getting their albums on vinyl, MBV released their entire catalog on Domino. Loveless is still hard to get - had to pay a bit extra to drag it across the pond from the UK. The wait was almost worth it - the entire collection is cut from fully analog masters and sounds spectacular.

7 Likes

Roxy Music, country life. It’s lunch time. Let’s try to quickly squeeze in some fun music! :notes:

14 Likes

Most certainly not the last. In fact, I have more than one copy of a couple of them. :joy:

1 Like

Dire Straits self titled album. Let’s try to squeeze another one in if I can manage. Can’t go wrong with Dire Straits! :sunglasses:

16 Likes