What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

What alive album that is Biglloydy - one of the best

Saw them live in late 70’s - sensational

1 Like

A big influence on a young Paul Weller during the first years of The Jam which you can both see and hear.

naim The Classics / 2003 naim / Hi-Fi News / UK CD / CD072M

Starting the day with this excellent compilation of early naim label classical tracks which was free with the magazine Hi-Fi News.

3 Likes

This is an excellent album, with a fine performance from Arcangelo.

5 Likes

Texas, Hi! It’s cold, windy and raining down under. But work day is done. This is suitably providing the lift I need! :partying_face:

8 Likes

And here she is again.

14 Likes

Basement Jaxx the singles special edition / 2005 XL / UK CD x 2 / XLCD187X

5 Likes

Possibly one of the finest recordings of The Four Seasons.

17 Likes

Lisa Stansfield - Deeper

8 Likes

Haha uncle Google knows everything! :joy:

Brilliant solo debut from Ian Hunter,of course in no small part because of Mick Ronson’s input,one of my all time favourite albums.

10 Likes

Agnes Milesski, almost spring. Really enjoying this. Thanks @JLA :blush:

3 Likes

Lambchop,What Another Man Spills. Album from 1998,and I think still possibly the best,though that may be because it was the first I’d bought,also it’s just so well recorded.

9 Likes

Splendid.
91SbnDbA13L.SS500

7 Likes

Bill Withers - Just As I Am

16 Likes

Diana Krall, only trust your heart. Her second album released back in 1995 and so very nice. Her third album, All for You, is commonly known as her breakthrough album. But I also really like this one. The rest is history. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

First heard of Prince listening to Letters From America by Alistair Cooke.

Back in the 80’s when I was at uni. I think is was aired on a Sunday afternoon on R4.

Although, at the time, AC was about 70 he was amazingly well up on current popular events. I can’t remember exactly what he said but it was along the lines of this is the new upcoming musician to watch. At the time the UK had not heard of him and, tbh, he was little known in the US.

5 Likes

Nice album, check it out
:heart:

What a great album… Discovered on this thread…

7 Likes

Paul Desmond Take Ten / 2010 Columbia / EU CD / 88697694582

Giving this very enjoyable new purchase another play, sound quality is great.

Paul Desmond Alto Saxophone
Eugene Wright, Gene Cherico, George Duvivier Bass
Jim Hall Guitar
Connie Kay Drums

5 Likes