What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Glorious sunshine on the south coast, kicking off today in the cab with a spot of panel beating
Courtesy Dougie Wardrop’s Conscious Sounds studio

Heavy, meditative UK Digi Dub

Interesting podcast/interview from a year or so back with Dougie Wardrop, well worth a listen for anyone remotely interested in the development of UK Dub, Hackney, Camden Market, Record Shops, Sound Systems, parents cutting your power off :joy:(my dad was always doing that!)

:heart:

4 Likes

David Bowie - The Width of a Circle

12 Likes

Now playing-
17 18 20

11 Likes

He is very good, his self titled album Kiwanuka is another great spin.

Marvellous.

21 Likes

Continuing the Lambchop session with Nixon,another classic.

9 Likes

Daryl Hall + John Oates - Best of.

On a happy, sunshiny day in North Yorks., what better than this happy, sunshiny album from the absolute kings of blue eyed soul?

19 Likes

14 Likes

Magnificent.

8 Likes

@dave-marshall Interesting article on the BBC news website about H + O today.

2 Likes

Hi Geoff,

Yes, it was reading the Beeb article which prompted me to indulge in a wee bit of Hall and Oates, though, annoyingly enough, turns oot yon choon isnae oan ma greatest hits album, ken. :confounded:

1 Like

“Abandoned Luncheonette” is a great album too.

9 Likes

They sure were. I saw them before even Sara Smile was a hit. I happened to buy Abandoned…way back. So when they toured in like ‘75 I saw them in a small hall in Cleveland Ohio (USA.) The audience was at least 50% black, their soul was really popular even then. Then after Sara Smile was released and a hit from the album “Daryl Hall & John Oats” they went back to AL and released “She’s Gone” which then became a hit.

3 Likes

I can highly recommend having a listen to these podcasts, Life In Dub.
A fascinating collection documenting an oral history of the UK & International Reggae/Dub movement.
31 Episodes, brilliant project!

Talking to people who live their lives in Dub & Reggae. A series of in depth interviews with artists, sound systems, promoters and all kinds of people that have spent their lives in the world of Dub & Reggae. It’s hosted by Steve from Vibronics, who has been producing Roots Reggae Dub for over 20 years, runs the SCOOPS Records label and performs regularly all over the world.

:heart:

1 Like

The vinyl version from a couple of years ago is also great

Shelby Lynne - Revelation Road

I can’t pull myself away from the stereo.

8 Likes

Hi ,yes just ordered it off Amazon !

1 Like

Wonderful.

32 Likes

Azymuth Flame + Spectrum / 1999 Milestone / US CD / MCD470812

2 Lp’s on one CD, sounding very good.

3 Likes

Pink Floyd - Animals
On Vinyl

26 Likes