What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Banners - Where The Shadow Ends
aka Mike Nelson started singing with the Liverpool Cathedral Choir. Lovely velvety falsetto delivery that grows and swells with the music. Very much a Feel good album his delivery reminds me a little of Chris Martin.

Bill Withers ‎– Bill Withers Live At Carnegie Hall
Hybrid SACD released in 2014.

15 Likes

Thanks for that GrahamK, it confirms my thoughts on it. I’m thinking of a separate power supply also at some stage but will start with the karousel first. However I believe there are compatibility issues with Nirvana and Valhalla PSUs! Cheers

17 Likes

Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal
Icelandic Acoustic Folk/Rock 6 piece band with twin lead vocalists and guitarists Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir and Ragnar “Raggi” Þórhallsson, outstanding anthemic debut album, reminds me a little of Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons.

7 Likes

@Haim Saw this performed at Birmingham Symphony Hall some years ago, so good we went back a few days later as there was a second performance. It was brilliant and very visual with the enormous ribbons and chimes hanging high above the audience and 'played’from the stage. Highly recommended. Rarely performed.

1 Like

Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On. (CD rip). I’ve watched a couple of episodes of the new 1971 Apple TV+ series this week (excellent so far), so I’m revisiting some the featured albums after watching each episode - something the doc really encourages you to do.

22 Likes

1982 - back in the days when i used to carry a huge tape player on my shoulder! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Agree with Arcade Fire/Mumford comparison,this happens to be the only album I have by them,not sure why ,do you have any others to recommend?

1 Like

It’s the only one I have, like you I am not sure why, as I enjoy this album, but for some unknown reason I have never bothered listening to any of there other albums, I shall have to remedy that and have a listen on Qobuz.

1 Like

Leo Green Straight Up / 1999 naim / Austria CD / naimcd033

Engineered by Peter Williams and mastered by Julian Vereker at September Sound.

3 Likes

Have lined up a couple of albums for the weekend,hopefully as good as the one we’ve got :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Now playing…

Toru Takemitsu - Nexus

Toru Takemitsu (Composer), Carl St. Clair (Conductor), Ensemble (Nexus) and Orchestra (Pacific Symphony Orchestra).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @Haim and @BobF above had me place this album in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the opening track is sounding sublime! A beautiful way to wake up and kick off this beautiful Wednesday morning…

3 Likes

Listening to it based on the post in this forum. I like Glenn, but not so much for his Mozart…

4 Likes

Kate Bush - The Dreaming

Sensational sounds. No one does it like she does.

Phil

22 Likes

Everything Must Go - Steely Dan.

13 Likes

Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso
CD|2014
Electronic, indie pop

3 Likes

14 Likes

Tidal Hi-Fi. I must buy the Analogue Productions vinyl version of this album…

11 Likes

There was a Speakers Corner mono version a few years back too excellent record.

1 Like