What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

If only I liked Animals…perhaps it will grow on me…

1 Like

You’ve had a more inebriated day than me. Enjoy every moment and live for experiences. I wish you all the best :cocktail::champagne:

Joan Osbourne, how sweet it is. I don’t need complexity. Clear beats and beautiful voice and I am there. How sweet it is! :relieved:

6 Likes

I actually appreciate the illustration on this cover. At least it has nice dark outlines and shiny inner arc giving it good contrast, 3d feel and light. And it’s hard to mistake this is the animal album. :smiley: Not like Hazel O’Connor Phil Daniels breaking glass with the panda face and another album comes to mind (sorry, can’t remember name) with a tag sharp tree in background and totally out-of-focus person in the foreground. I never knew these could make timeless covers! I would get a slap on the back of my head if that’s what I deliver. :joy:

Edit: Found it! It’s Jenny Scheinman, crossing the field. Actually the tree isn’t that sharp either. :wink:

Now playing…

Chris Rea - Water Sign

Chris Rea (Guitar, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals), Robert Ahwry (Guitar), Martin Ditcham (Percussion), Ian Hawkins (Bass, Guitar), Kevin Leach (Keyboards), Dave Mattacks (Drums), Max Middleton (Keyboards), Claude Nobbs (Harmonica), Eoghan O’Neill (Bass) and Dave Richards (Drums, Horn, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Chris and he and the band are sounding sweet!

8 Likes

Been playing this again, a lovely record blending those perennials, innocence and experience.

How Much Works - Sweet Whirl

There’s both some transcendence and something of the resigned everyday in her voice.

2 Likes

Sara K. Water falls. Can’t have enough of this good thing. :relaxed:

4 Likes

An early (2006) David Fray.

4 Likes

Well thankee, @anon23112058.
Day was sober - evening…mmm…less so.
And the same to you!

1 Like

Now playing…

Otto A Totland - _ - _ the lost

Otto A Totland (Piano)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention earlier today from @anon4489532 had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin prior to dinner and the opening track is sounding sublime! Looking forward to the rest of the album…

1 Like

Hall and Oats Extended Mixes

11 Likes

The Police Synchronicity

17 Likes

Billy Joel An Innocent Man

15 Likes

CD’s from the Winterland (San Francisco) June '77 box set
44 years ago today

another gem from the “just exactly perfect brothers band.”

8 Likes

To start the day…

12 Likes

Bowie Hunky Dory.

25 Likes

Elton John Caribou, suits a cold and wet winters afternoon.

10 Likes

I still do! I struggle to spin on my head these days though! (Makes the skin on my bald patch get nastily inflamed)
:heart:

2 Likes

Acoustic Sounds edition?

A bit of sunshine on a chilly winters afternoon, Kacey Musgraves Golden Hour.

12 Likes