What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

While Turkey and Italy play in the Euros (TV with the sound off), I’m giving this newly-arrived Pure Pleasure re-release of an obscure Nimbus West LP a first spin. So far, so good. If you like 70s/80s spiritual jazz, you might like this…

2 Likes

Samantha Crain - A Small Death. Enjoying this more with every spin of it. Folk / Americana.

7 Likes

Really getting in to this guy and just streaming this Amazon hires (96), sublime. Spacing, air, depth, precise but effortlessly musical. I’m mixing it in a playlist with this streamed at cd quality.

A glass of red, soon to be followed by a coffee and armagnac.

Bliss.

2i,qutest,252dr, 300 dr.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Hassell - Last night the moon came dropping its clothes in the street

Jon Hassell (Trumpet, Keyboard)Peter Freeman (Bass, Percussion, Guitar, Samples), Kheir Eddine M’Kachiche (Violin), Jan Bang (Live Sampling), Rick Cox (Guitar, Strings)Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Guitar Loop)Thomas Newman (Strings), Jamie Muhoberac (Keyboard, Drums), Dino J.A. Deane (Live Sampling), Helge Norbakken (Drums), Pete Lockett (Drums) and Steve Shehan (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour as I prepare for my Friday exercise routine with this very fine album from Jon and his talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! A beautiful album…

9 Likes

Angela Hewitt / Schumann Humoreske / Sonata in F Sharp Minor / 2007 Hyperion /
Austria Hybrid SACD / SACDA67618

10 Likes

20 Likes

The great Jah9 Note To Self
For @Dreadatthecontrols

Bloody great!

2 Likes

CD - Auvidis France 1992

Jordi Savall - basse de voile (7 string Barak Norman, London 1697)
Wieland Kuijken - basse de voile - (7 string Nicolas Bertrand, Paris 1704)

Recorded in the church of Saint Lambert des Bois, Yvelines, in April 1992

12 Likes

Thansk guys, added Erik Truffaz and Jon Hassell to tonights playlist.

Edit JH 24/96 on AmZ hd. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great album, I saw him at Manchester when he toured the songs among a typically Percy eclectic mix of other tracks. Superb gig.

1 Like

Carry on with Sabbath. Vol4 super deluxe vinyl box set. The Steven Wilson demo’s and out take are interesting but don’t really add anything.

10 Likes

10 Likes

An evening of Jazz concluding with something different. The perils of eclectic tastes.
Amazes me how LC produced some of his best works towards the end of his life. In this case posthumous production assistance from his son. Simple and stunning in my opinion. I guess the depth and occasional fragility in the voice add something which cannot be easily put into words. Not dissimilar to Johnny Cash during the American Series recordings. I’m rambling so will shut up now and just enjoy ! Must drink less wine before posting.

15 Likes

15 Likes

Jordi Savall Jean-Baptiste Lully, Le Concert Des Nations - L’Orchestre Du Roi Soleil
Symphonies, Ouvertures & Airs À Jouer / 2003 Alia Vox / Austria Hybrid SACD / AVSA9807

10 Likes

Mellow Candle - Swaddling Songs

3 Likes

Ella and Basie !

12 Likes

Now Playing…

Lo’Jo - Fonetiq Flowers

Mohammed Abozekry (Oud), Willy Amoussou (Chant), Richard Bourreau (Alto Violin, Imzad, Violin), Baptiste Brondy (Drums, Percussion, Piano, Simmons Drums), Laura Caronni (Viloncello), Alex Cochennec (Bass, Contrabass, Guitar), Stéphane Coutable (Bassoon), Niaz Diasamidze (Tambura), Django Sissoko (Chant), Yamina Nid El Mourid (Chant, Kamalngoni, Percussion), Nadia Nid El Mourid (Chant, Percussion), Sébastien Gazull (Piano), Yang Jeong-Yun (Kayagum), [Kham Meslien (Contrabass, Piano Effects), Miro (Chant), Sarah Murcia (Contrabass), Jessie Murphy (Bass), Yuka Okazaki (Voices), Denis Péan (Chant, Electronics, Elka, Fender Rhodes, Hammond B3, Harmonium, Melodica, Organ, Piano), Ziya Tabassian (Daf, Rik), Erik Truffaz (Trumpet) and Max Usata (Chant).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this rainy afternoon with and album featuring Erik Truffaz mentioned in a separate thread by @Thruster04 and above by @bruss so thought I would try a couple of albums with Erik… The album ‘Fonetiq Flowers’ is sounding mighty fine on the opening tracks and look forward to the rest of the album!

1 Like

11 Likes

Emilie-Claire Barlow, haven’t we met. Haven’t listened to her for quite a while. As beautiful as I remember it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes