What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

9 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones, Pirates. Really nice! Thanks heaps @Pete_the_painter for your suggestion! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Leo Sayer Just a Boy

8 Likes

Goldfrapp, supernature. Doing a bit of office work. So cold I can’t feel my hands. Goldfrapp comes to the rescue belting out her electronic synthesized tunes. I just achieve a little bit. Feel like a bit of celebration, too. :sunglasses:

16 Likes

Her earlier work is definitely worth investigating as well, Trailer Park is a great album.

2 Likes

Grant Green Idle Moments / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349900325

Sunday starter, no idle moments here though, there are things to be sorted and done!

12 Likes

Just listened to Beth Orton’s sugaring session this morning, after listening to Bob Dylan. It was fantastic! :relaxed: Thank you @Pete_the_painter. Will try Trailer Park as well. :blush:

1 Like

Lou Reed Magic Loss

12 Likes

9 Likes

Beth Orton, trailer park. Awesome! Thanks @Pete_the_painter. :blush::+1:

Tangent - If I knew about her music back at school my math might have been better. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

The XX
Probably my favourite release of 2009

8 Likes

My favourite Lou album, I hope it helps you. When Jen (my wife) died it took me a while before I felt I could listen to this, when I did it was an important part of my grieving.

7 Likes

I cannot play it currently, but I suspect the sound you’re hearing is made by a theramin.

1 Like

The Oscar Peterson Trio We Get Requests / 2005 Verve / EU CD / 0602498840429

12 Likes

Thank you, it is helping although some of the lyrics are very close to home.

1 Like

Been listening to Whole Lot of Love a few times. Whatever it is it gives a pretty good impression of high revving motor bikes at times on the move. Whilst not possible to do in a studio or on stage it gives a pretty close impression.

The track is perhaps one of the best hard rock opening tracks of any album I have heard (not an aficionado though).

Phil

1 Like

Mary Black - Babes in the Wood

Simply fabulous

Phil

16 Likes

Antonio Forcione & Sabina Sciubba Meet Me In London / 1998 naim / Austria CD / naimcd021

13 Likes

21 Likes

Still enjoying this, Matt Bernringer Serpentine Prison

15 Likes