What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Silver Apples always an intriguing listen

2 Likes

18 Likes

Also works well in the sun!

11 Likes

She’s really good Stevie, do check her prior 2 albums and her website if you havent already :+1::+1:
:heart:

The Beatles Let it Be

20 Likes

Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin’, in the xrcd24 format developed by JVC, which results in excellent sound quality.

17 Likes

Portland State Chamber Choir - “Translations” (2020)
Don’t recall seeing this posted here. I expect anyone who enjoys choral music would find this of interest. John Atkinson of Stereophile was involved in the recording. Have you ever walked into a cathedral and just listened to the “silence” ?

3 Likes

10 Likes

Al Jarreau Breakin’ Away / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28095

Featuring several classic AJ tracks including Blue Rondo A La Turk and Roof Garden.

4 Likes

I’m happy to admit a couple of my favourite albums from the '70s…

12 Likes

My last for the night on a Queens Birthday long weekend The Moody Blues Seven Jojourn.

9 Likes

Sasha Matson - “Tight Lines” (2017) another Stereophile related disc, contemporary classical, Mr Matson reviews recordings and equipment for the magazine.

23 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Companion

Patricia Barber (piano, Hammond B-3, vocals), Michael Arnopol (bass), John McLean (guitar), Eric Montzka (drums). Reuben P. Alvarez (percussion) and Jason Narducy (vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… opening up this cool, overcast and damp morning with Patricia and her beautiful voice which just shines with this ‘Live’ Companion album recorded at the Green Mill in Chicago. Patricia and the band is sounding mighty sweet!

11 Likes

Vivaldi, Anne-Sophie Mutter, Herbert Von Karajan, Wiener Philharmoniker ‎– Le Quattro Stagioni = The Four Seasons = Die Vier Jahreszeiten
CD|1984

11 Likes

Howie Payne - “Mountain” (2017)

1 Like

Beautiful music and fantastic voice , perfect for a quiet sunday morning

15 Likes

Amy Winehouse - Remixes.

Second time around in as many days. There are some truly wonderful remixes on this album. Highly recommended.

12 Likes

19 Likes

The Innocence Mission - “My Room In The Trees” (2010)

2 Likes