What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Portland State Chamber Choir - Eriks Esenvalds : Translations

Portland State University Chamber Choir - Ethan Sperry (Chorus Master), Rex Bennett (Bass), Juan Castaneda (Tenor), Celine Clark (Alto), Anna Krytenberg (Soprano), Kate Ledington (Soprano), Jorden Moss (Baritone), Savannah Panah (Soprano), Gina Rizk (Soprano), Jonathan Roberts (Bass), Maeve Stier (Soprano), David Walters (Vocals), Bryanna West (Alto), Jereme Wilkie (Tenor), Rebecca Yakos (Soprano) and Ulises Zavaleta (Tenor). Joel Bluestone (Chimes, Glockenspiel, Vibraphone), Florian Conzetti (Bass Drums, Suspended Cymbals, Vibraphone), Marilyn de Oliveira (Cello), Charles Noble (Viola).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @JLA above had me place ‘Translations’ into the queue and now taking out for a spin and the choir is sounding sublime! A beautiful album and fitting in perfectly for this peaceful Sunday morning.

4 Likes

Midnight Oil ‎– Place Without A Postcard
CD|1981

@Pete_the_painter reminded me a while ago that I did not have this album. Corrected.

3 Likes

CD on Sony Classical

put on your dancin’ shoes…

6 Likes

Jack Johnson - “Sleep Through The Static” (2008)

8 Likes

Peggy Lee - Black Coffee, Decca/Acoustic Sounds (2020)

Having a post match chill out with this beautifully executed reissue mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling for the Acoustic Sounds series it’s flawless sonically and on par with the two Analogue Productions Nat King Cole reissues I used to own A1.

I bought this for £18 because it had damage to the jacket this turned out to be a half inch long tear to the inner spine where the printed tip on lining had separated from the thick cardboard so a non issue really for an almost half price record.

7 Likes

The Chemical Brothers - Surrender
CD|1999

8 Likes

Three CD set of excerpts from some MONSTER concerts. One of my favourite Dead live albums.

11 Likes

24 Likes

Wishbone Ash. Argus. Old heavy Vinyl. Still sounds good.

18 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Live at SKIF Festival XXII | 2020
Modern Tangs but nevertheless this is a very good session, just about twenty five minutes and the one track.

8 Likes

A DAY IN THE LIFE Impressions Of Pepper IMPULSE RECORDS

Listening to this cover of the Beatles Sgt Peppers on Youtube as I don’t own the vinyl yet I’m especially enjoying Mkaya McCraven’s version of LSD excellent.

A-Day-in-the-Life

2 Likes

Jerry and his organ-playing buddy Howard Wales gettin’ right out there…

6 Likes

11 Likes

San Pedro’s Vision | Subconscious Reflection | 2020
Very good and very enjoyable psychedelic rock by a Liverpool band new to me. Only EP length I’ve been playing these three tracks an awful lot, thanks to @Nick.Lees once again. :sunglasses: :clap:

Miles Davis Milestones / 2009 Columbia / EU CD / 88697491982

15 Likes

My favourite Doors album.

50th Anniversary 30 tracks at Juno Download on Flac for £12.49 - Absolute bargain.

15 Likes

Suzanne Vega | Close-Up Vol. 3 States Of Being | 2011
Lovely stripped back music on this SV Close-Up series.

11 Likes

A bit weird but good - think of a cross between Jean Michel Jarre, Yello and Ozric Tentacles!!

4 Likes

Listening to some trax off this up and coming set due out 6th Aug I believe

4 Likes

…and don’t forget to add Shpongle into the cross. :sunglasses: