What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Dead tear it up on this two-CD set recorded in Frankfurt in '72…

8 Likes

I’m gradually working my way through their stuff!!

1 Like

This Don Rendell Ian Carr Quintet Live recording 1964 from Jazz In Britain is superb.
Not just the music but also the presentation, nice pressing, poly lined inner and a proper poly outer (no horrible shrink wrap), proper flip back sleeve, facimile press release, sleeve notes by Simon Spillett and I just love the humourous homage to the original EMI record sleeves that used to carry the EMITEX record cleaning cloth advert. In this case JIBTEX (geddit?)

A nice companion album to the Don Rendell Ian Carr Shades Of Blue re issued Landsdowne LP from Jazzman

The first JIB record Ive bought and will certainly be checking more

Don Rendell Ian Carr Quintet Blue Beginnings (Jazz In Britain)

:heart:

3 Likes

Haven’t listened to this in a long time. Thanks for the reminder @TheKevster.

1 Like

Been too long since I last listened to this. Time machine straight back to the late 1970s and my youth…

7 Likes

11 Likes

Streaming Mingus Live at Carnegie Hall. Tremendous band and playing (particularly the jam session with Roland Kirk) with atmospheric crowd noise. Great remastering job and excellent SQ. Hopefully the TP vinyl will be as good as I’ve been obliged to fork out for it - still it’s on next month’s credit card bill!

5 Likes

I saw this on the new vinyl thread, as it was released for Record Store Day yesterday. Rather than buying the vinyl for goodness knows how much, I’ve downloaded the 24 bit from Qubuz for £5.49. And what a wonderful record it is. I was aware of Kenny Dorham of course, but had nothing by him as leader. Just great, and thanks for the tip.

7 Likes

I have a copy on blue/black hexagon label…plays like a dream

Ricky Gardiner (Band leader and guitarist) - he’s one of the Bowie unsung heroes - guitarist on Low.

3 Likes

Not a Miles album I listen to a lot if I’m honest, as I prefer his earlier stuff, but enjoyable all the same.

10 Likes

Nice. Mine is MCA

Full 70’s retro this evening.

CSNY So Far, G plan, Tintin rocket lava lamp. I just need an orange or turqoise egg swivel chair to complete the look.

5 Likes

Moonchild Voyager / 2017 Tru Thoughts / UK CD / TRUCD341

Super chilled for a Sunday evening.

4 Likes

Continuing the retro theme.

11 Likes

16 Likes

4 Likes

11 Likes

The Dead live in 1990 – a great Help/Slip/Frank on this…

7 Likes

I was watching a clip of the Mick Fleetwood tribute to Peter Green……wondered who the guitarist and singer was on Black Magic woman. It was Rick Vito an ex Mac guitarist……here on the Mick Fleetwood album.

5 Likes