What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Aaah the Wellie. A second home when I lived in a grotty flat on Wenlock Terrace for a year in the mid 70s. The legendary Sandy behind the bar. I imagine the area has gone seriously upmarket these days.

Enough memories. It’s going to be a Blue Note night starting with Tina Brooks with a damn fine band True Blue on vinyl.

7 Likes

Fond 70’s memories and school day debates about favourite Purple albums

22 Likes

After reading the post dedicated to this album i decided to listen to it and it is indeed a great album

12 Likes

Incredible sounding Classic Records edition

20 Likes

22 Likes

I bought this Curtis Mayfield boxset and the first album was badly warped. I tried replacement copies from different suppliers and all had the same fault. In the end, I got the CD version instead. Others seem to have been more fortunate, especially those who bought the box set when it first came out. I seem to recall Richard Dane was one person who got a perfect boxset.

I’m tempted to try again

1 Like

I got a perfect one too @Neil-26 – worth looking around for one.

1 Like

Mentioned over on the folk fred sorry folk thread.

Trembling Bells - Dungeness

Get past the first minute and you’ll be greeted with a wonderful mix of Fairport Convention meets King Crimson meets Jefferson Airplane.

7 Likes

Great soul revue from the Kiss singer

2 Likes

7 Likes

The Police Synchronicity

policesynchronicity

19 Likes

Now playing…

Ketil Bjornstad - La notte

Ketil Bjørnstad (Piano), Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Anja Lechner (Violoncello), Eivind Aarset (Guitars, Electronics), Arild Andersen (Double Bass) and Marilyn Mazur (Percussion, Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Ketil and this fantastic sextet and they are sounding sublime! Just a wonderful and beautiful album…

4 Likes

Watching the footy with the sound turned down, while playing the 1997 Classic Records 200g version of this:

20 Likes

A new spin for me, but sounds great

I asked the the car system this afternoon to play some Allman Bros and it started playing Brothers in Arms. Nearly crashed the f”’#*^g car! :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Wipe the windows, check the oil?

3 Likes

Nightmare

1 Like

8 Likes

From 1997, the Steve Hoffman-mastered 2-LP set of this klassik Elvis kompilation on DCC. Absolutely astonishing sound…

13 Likes

Now playing…

Kate Bush - Before The Dawn Act 1, Act 2 & Act 3

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on with today’s exercise routine and taking Kate’s “Before The Dawn” out for a spin. Kate and her supporting cast and talented group of musicians working with her are sounding sublime!

21 Likes