What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

This is like the best of Mozart and thoroughly enjoyable.
81BO5Xx086L.SS500

3 Likes

I’m not a huge Van fan, and his covid statements made me less so. That said, this particular album, I feel, is in any top 10.

7 Likes

Dominic Miller and Neil Stacey - New Dawn
Really nice guitar playing.

CD on Naim Records, there are massive rumours that Naim will re-release this on cd and Hi-Res at 04:30am(BST) on the 21st June they have already started an advertising campaign called a New Dawn for Music.:wink::rofl:

6 Likes

3 x LP = Capital Records 2019 : )

<>

:balloon: :balloon: Happy Birthday Macca! :balloon: :birthday:

born on 18 June 1942 at Walton Hospital, Liverpool :uk:

79 years old Today! :smile: :+1:

13 Likes

Thanks Charles, your the first to express a negative view of the SQ, other forumites have all responded in the positive. Will let you have my thoughts when I’ve recieved and played it
Cheers
:heart:

I see a label Run Out Groove, never heard of, listed as bringing out a 2LP edition of Curtis, able to shed any light?

Had to laugh at the name of a boat I saw the other day. It was called *Hoof Hearted".

1 Like

It’s a subsidiary of Warners. Basically the public get to nominate what’s reissued next. Not heard any myself, but I think it’s all done by the Rhino people so standards should be good…

IIRC, I think there’s a long thread about them on Hoffman, if you can be bothered to read it.

1 Like

Sophie Ellis Bextor, read my lips. Haven’t played this for a long time. Feels like refreshing my memory, sweet memory. :blush:

5 Likes

Paul McCartney Egypt Station (Explorer’s Edition)

Next stop, I am playing…

Will be taking a few proud looks today at the great framed photo I have of Macca and my daughter at her LIPA graduation ceremony, and remembering that wonderful event too! Happy Birthday Sir Paul :+1:

11 Likes

Nice enough, nothing startling, though perhaps a grower. A couple of nods back to well known efforts from the past.

4 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Slightly different. I’m going to suggest we adopt her from Sweden and ping her off to Eurovision next year. They’ll love it. Bound to get us some points.

2 Likes

Veteran JA bone player Vin Gordon, inspired by the classic 70’s dub albums by the likes of King Tubby. Recorded on vintage analogue gear at Al Breadwinners Bakery Studio in Manchester along with Nat Birchall

2 Likes

Group Sounds Four & Five - Black & White Raga, Jazz in Britain (2021)

I missed out on the vinyl copy but listening to a Flac file of this excellent JIB LP.

3 Likes

Haven’t really listened to it a lot so giving it a try this morning

10 Likes

3 Likes

Free Flight - The Tubby Hayes Quartet, Jazz in Britain (2020)

Another excellent JIB release recorded on 17th or 18th of October 1972 at Ronnie Scott’s
Only available on CD or Digital file so again listening to a Flac file.

2 Likes

Did you pay for it?