What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

CD - A Capitol Records Release : )

<>

One of my favourite albums from today’s birthday boy Macca!

There’s more chaos than creation in my backyard :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

7 Likes

As I have posted before, not played this for ages and it sounds great!
Another great voice… :sunglasses:
On original vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3: :grin:

18 Likes

26 Likes

On Classic Records vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

12 Likes

15 Likes

Fantastic group @anon10403888 – do you know the Sisyphus album?

1 Like

Bowie going through ch-ch-changes…

12 Likes

Stevie, Bootsy and Buddy

2 Likes

Now playing…

Dominic Mill & Neil Stacey - New Dawn

Dominic Miller (Guitar) and Neil Stacey (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention on one of the threads and from @johnt above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the two guitarist are sounding mighty fine! …a mellow and enjoyable album.

2 Likes

Joining in Sir Paul’s birthday celebrations

23 Likes

I’m sure all forum members are always on the lookout for new stuff like I am so can I politely ask you all to remember the “and why might anyone be interested” part of the topic. This will help me to decide whether to investigate further any posts. Ta!

1 Like

I was glad to find a nice copy of Cold Blood, a band I only vaguely remembered if I’m honest. Good band.
Plus I’m a sucker for most things where Rick Griffin has a hand in the cover!

3 Likes

Hehe! In light of the new Naim teaser video, that’s funny!

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Down In The Groove.

25th studio album in Dylan’s discography.

Oh dear!

4 Likes

22 Likes

Something incredibly life affirming about Lively up Yourself. Great album.

13 Likes

Now playing

Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter - Oh,My Girl

Warm summer evening,couple of beers,smooth sultry voice,prominent twang guitar,laid back songs, it does not get better than this. :wink::grin::beers:

6 Likes

The original 1987 vinyl version. My favourite of the Sylv’s early works.

12 Likes

Tony Joe White | Smoke From The Chimney | 2021
This is a fine album from the late great TJW. His son Jody found a stash of tapes of his father’s home studio recordings after he died in 2018. These were rough workings just his voice and his guitar. Long story short, Dan Auerbech of The Black Keys who is a massive fan of TJW went and sympathetically added a full band and backing to the roughs. This has worked really well and brought these unheard tracks to life and given these new songs to his fans.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Steely Dan - Gaucho

Walter Becker (Bass, Composer, Group Member, Guitar, Liner Notes, Lyre, Soloist, Vocals), Donald Fagen (Keyboards, Lyre, Organ, Electric Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Wayne Andre (Trombone), Patti Austin (Vocals), Errol Crusher Bennett (Percussion), Michael Brecker (Tenor Saxophone, Tenor Vocals), Randy Brecker (Flugelhorn, Horn, Trumpet), Hiram Bullock (Guitar), Larry Carlton (Guitar), Ronnie Cuber (Baritone Saxophone), Rick Derringer (Guitar), Victor Feldman (Keyboards, Percussion), Frank Floyd (Vocals), Steve Gadd (Drums, Percussion), Jerry Garszva (Overdubs), Diva Gray (Vocals), Paul Griffin (Rhythm Arrangements), Gordon Grody (Vocals), Don Grolnick (Clavinet, Keyboards, Electric Piano, Rhythm Arrangements), Lani Groves (Vocals), Anthony Jackson (Bass), Walter Kane (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Steve Khan (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Mark Knopfler (Guitar, Vocals), Ralph MacDonald (Percussion), George Marge (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet)Rick Marotta (Drums, Vocals), Nicky Marrero (Percussion, Timbales, Vocals), Hugh McCracken (Guitar), Michael McDonald (Vocals), Ralph McDonald (Percussion), Leslie Miller (Vocals), Rob Mounsey (Horn Arrangements, Piano, Rhythm Arrangements, Synthesizer), Jeff Porcaro (Drums, Percussion), Bernard “Pretty” Purdie (Drums), Chuck Rainey (Bass), Pat Rebillot (Keyboards, Electric Piano), Chuck Sample (Bass), Joe Sample (Electric Piano), David Sanborn (Alto Vocals, Alto Saxophone), Zachary Sanders (Vocals), Tom Scott (Alto Clarinet, Tenor Clarinet, Horn Arrangements, Lyricon, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Valerie Simpson (Vocals), David Tofani (Tenor Saxophone, Tenor Vocal), Wendel (Sequencing, Special Effects) and Toni Wine (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… moving on to a Steely Dan album as I start up today’s exercise routine and the band and talented supporting cast are sounding sublime! A great album to work up a sweat with…

22 Likes