What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Earth Wind & Fire All 'N All / 2012 Columbia / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve / SICP20358

His best work as a writer and musician, Magic Mind, Be Ever Wonderful, Jupiter together with the amazing instrumental Runnin’. Happy Birthday Larry.

11 Likes

This is a great album.

4 Likes

Bryan Ferry - Boys And Girls.

17 Likes

Now playing…

Melody Gardot - Currency Of Man

Melody Gardot (Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Larry Goldings (Organ), Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums), Heather Donavon (Vocals), Clément Ducol (Prepared Piano), Gary Grant (Trumpet), Irwin Hall (Alto Saxophone), Jesse Harris (Guitar), Dan Higgins (Baritone Saxophone,Tenor Saxophone), Clydene Jackson (Vocals), Pete Korpela (Percussion), Pete Kuzma (Organ), Mitchell Long (Guitar), Andrew Martin (Trombone), Dean Parks (Guitar) Reese Richardson (Guitar), Chuck Staab (Drums), Julia Waters (Vocals) and Maxine Waters (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Melody and the band and they are sounding mighty sweet! This is one very fine album…

13 Likes

3 Likes

10 Likes

Mick camping it up with the Stepping Razor! His mince pies says it all :joy:

Jah live!

:heart:

2 Likes

My favourite Lizz Wright album is The Orchard, give it a whirl.

1 Like

The late and very great Justin Hinds/Hines
Beautiful!
Re released and criminally overlooked 70’s roots gem from Justin Hinds produced by Jack Ruby

Justin Hinds & The Dominoes - Jezebel MOV vinyl

:heart:

2 Likes

My favorite album from Lizz is ‘Salt,’ at least for the moment…

1 Like

Thanks Nigel, will do. There are a fair few of hers on qobuz and The Orchard I know is one of them!

4 Likes

Pink Floyd Animals white label test pressing.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Melody Gardot - Live in Europe

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Melody with this live album and she is sounding so sweet! Nothing like spending a day with Melody…

9 Likes

10 Likes

14 Likes

Shelby Lynne, suit yourself. Wrote (10/12 songs), sung, produced by Shelby herself and recorded at home. Awesome. :clap: :relaxed:

10 Likes

18 Likes

Late night listening from very talented young Scottish Jazz pianist Fergus McCredie this is a live version of ‘Cairn’ taken from his record of the same name.

2 Likes

Dusty Springfield, Dusty in Memphis. Wondering how the original compares to Shelby’s tribute to this giant. I get you @steviebee & @bhoyo. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes