What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

More late night Jazz I suppose you might call it from the Fœhn Trio from Lyon in France. From their LP Highlines listening on Tidal.

1 Like

Absolutely superb Craft Records re issue of the sublime…

Abbey Lincoln- Abbey Is Blue

One of the finest Jazz albums of the period including Miles Kind Of Blue

Cut by Kevin Gray pressed at RTI (buy with confidence)

:heart:

11 Likes

I saw Ginger Baker’s Air Force waaaay back…

2 Likes

Leaves the tribute as it is - nice, mostly bland, beautifully recorded (which is why I suspect its so popular around these parts)

Dusty In Memphis any day of the decade…

1 Like

Mary Chapin Carpenter, come on come on. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks @steviebee, I can’t help comparing too. Like I do many times with Diana Krall’s work. Good day.

12 Likes

Passenger Whispers

7 Likes

12 Likes

Harry Belafonte! What a record, it’s all here!
Ifirc the first live recording and also by a great black artist and activist.

Amazing recording and especially considering the technical challenges at the time (1958?). No hyperbole to say that this really captured the atmosphere and ambiance of Carnegie Hall truly creating the illusion that your actually sat in the audience.
And what a performance by Harry Belafonte, superb, highly entertaining and highly recommended imo

Harry Belafonte At Carnegie Hall ( Analogue Productions 2LP)

9 Likes

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne - Shelby Lynn

Shelby Lynne (Bass, Drums, Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Saxophone), Mimi Friedman (Piano), Trevor Menear (Electric Guitar), Billy Mitchell (Piano), Michael Jerome Moore (Drums), Brandon Owens (Bass), Ed Roth (Hammond B3, Piano, Wurlitzer), Benmont Tench (Wurlitzer) and Chris Townsend (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… returning from a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood and seeing @davidng mentioned Shelby so thought it would be nice to take her out for a spin… and Shelby and the band are sounding sublime! One very fine album…

13 Likes

For the Dead Thread…

6 Likes

Gretchen Wilson, still here for the party! Live from St Louis. Awesome! Can’t wait to play here for the party but not just yet. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Not something I would frequently listen, but agreed……stunning record deserving of a spin.

1 Like

Does exactly what it says on the tin

Ray Charles - Genius + Soul = Jazz

Fantastic album, this is the 2011 Analogue Productions edition.

11 Likes

Saw this on another thread posted by @TheKevster , Alister Spencer Trio Asteroid Ekosystem

2 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, letter to you. :cowboy_hat_face::notes:

12 Likes

In my opinion, this is their best. A perfect album.

16 Likes

Joe Jackson Night and Day

15 Likes

Kacey MusGraves, same trailer different park. :relaxed:

13 Likes

Jeff Lynne’s ELO From Out of Nowhere

10 Likes

Portishead Dummy

18 Likes