What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Brings back memories for me. I was a founder member of the ELP tribute band “Noddys Puncture”. According to their website I was the Bass player who “Didn’t measure up!”. I prefer, “left due to artistic differences” :joy:. They are still going strong and are immeasurably more professional these days. Check them out on YouTube. Tom the keyboardist is a genius and he still stabs the keyboard with big knifes :flushed:

2 Likes

10 Likes

Wasn’t expecting that, I’ve just downloaded it and hopefully get time to listen later today. Thanks for the heads up. :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers " Greg" :grinning:, will do :+1:

1 Like

Proper late night jazz on CD via phones. Stan’s wonderful compositions, tone(s) and phrasing are superb alongside the late John Taylor’s always elegant playing. 1977 reissue from those lovely Jazz in Britain folk who need our support.

Many thx to whoever posted this, @Dynaudio1 maybe.

3 Likes

Really enjoyed it!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

The National Laugh Track, thanks @LSLFAN.

8 Likes

@Dreadatthecontrols I watched the movie on Netflix recently, was very funny :wink:

1 Like

Randy Newman Dark Matters

IMG_3849

7 Likes

George Harrison. Extra texture.
Cd rip of 2014 reissue which came with nice textured cover. One of my favourites.

11 Likes

Many thanks for posting this. A new one to me from Jackie’s extensive catalogue. Thoroughly enjoying it this morning - some wonderful lyrics too.

2 Likes

1975’s Caress of Steel getting a spin, maybe FBN later.

9 Likes

Enjoying on CD

10 Likes

It Bites - Once Around The World

A magnificent album! I saw It Bites in Bristol when they were touring this album. So much energy and audience engagement, yet they still managed to play their instruments in what is relatively complex progressive rock. An album to be played loud.

10 Likes

Dua Lipa, future nostalgia. Guilty pleasure? Working late. Need an energy boost. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Spice girls, spice. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Still not got my round tooit but its on my list to do next, too much new music, repairs, decorating and shouting abuse down the phone at bureaucratic arseholes (great fun!)
Soon come
Cheers
:heart:

2 Likes

Not a name most people would recognise yet he has an impressive CV for keyboards.

1 Like

Yello, toy. :smiling_face:

20 Likes

Thank You, I’m glad you are enjoying it, and that’s the beauty of this forum, there’s a lot of great music being played, and discovered too.

It doesn’t seem 12 years ago that Jackie lost his battle with Cancer, but thanks to his music, he lives on for us to enjoy.

3 Likes