What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Steven Wilson, the harmony codex. First try. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

I view 10pm as curfew with the neighbours, the time to move on to more mellow music played at low volume.

16 Likes

No I must admit I haven’t - in fact the only other Vangelis I’ve got is the compilation Odyssey oh and his stuff with Jon Anderson from Yes!

2 Likes

You may need to give it a few goes to appreciate it - I wasn’t too keen first time - but liking it now!

1 Like

Sure, Vangelis and Anderson…

This might interest you - from Wikipedia - about Heaven And Hell (1975).

The album marked Vangelis’ first collaboration with singer Jon Anderson, who sings on “So Long Ago, So Clear”, the closing section of Part One.[5] Vangelis recalls how they “sat down one day and I start to play the melody and he felt so comfortable that immediately he started to write the words”

2 Likes

Played it to death when it came in to our house a few weeks ago

Enjoy :wink:

1 Like

Cheers @ratrat I’ll look for that tomorrow on Qobuz and give it a listen
:+1:

1 Like

Very of that time - 70’s - but worth a listen. It’s all part of his journey. Maybe where he started.

The track with Jon Anderson is great.

2 Likes

That saves searching for a definition at least :+1:

Picked up a copy of this recently. Well worth a listen

12 Likes

Strangely captivating, TJ. Will explore further. Thanks for posting!:sunglasses:

This album’s an under recognized gem. For me, the Justin Currie influences were the starting point but this paints a nice alternative to his Del Amitri and solo work.

IMO “She Cuts Her Own Fringe” deserves to be recognized as a perfect pop song.

1 Like

Hi, I like Duke a lot and agree that it shows a new musical direction, from prog to mainstream pop, and the band were on top form, I have all the Genesis catalog and on the whole love them all, the exception being “We Can’t Dance” I really have to be in the mood to listen to it.

I have to agree with your wife about the later material, and I think you have summed up Genesis really well, my best mate would agree with you preferring the earlier albums.

its interesting how we all have different views which albums are best for a particular group and before I retire for the night I’m going to play another Genesis album, Abacab my favourite.

2 Likes

Genesis - Abacab - CD

10 Likes

I played “Should Have Known Better” to death when this came out. Sadly it was a couple of years before I started creating annual playlists, which I now use as audio memory banks to recall what I loved listening to each year.

1 Like

Something new, based on a recommendation by Ricardo FranassovicI, Absolute Sounds

Another track played a few times during the Dublin 2023 HiFi show

Comfortably Numb 2022

14 Likes

My Keilidhs do have Bass. :flushed:

12 Likes

“There are two types of men: Those with a crush on Linda Ronstadt, and those who have never heard of her” - Willie Nelson

17 Likes

Make that 3 types. :grin: