What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I was at the '79 Hammersmith gig (the Friday night). I missed the last tube – it’s a long story – so got home at about 4am. Unfortunately I was only 16 at the time, and I hadn’t told my mum where I was, and she was worried sick; in fact she was still waiting up when I got in. The joys of the days before mobile phones! Great concert thought, the presentation was amazing.

3 Likes

Although he died in March 2021, IIRC…

1 Like

You are correct Alan - although the obituary was published on Wednesday, the last sentence says “His death from cancer, aged 85, on March 14 2021, went unreported in the press” - though strangely I did seem to see this at the time too.

2 Likes

Another glorious sounding James Guthrie/Analogue Productions Pink Floyd SACD, this time from 2011. These things sound fantastic in stereo, I wonder what they’re like in surround sound? Anyone heard these PF albums in multi-channel?

20 Likes

11 Likes

Another fine one from the man.

17 Likes

Patty Griffin, self titled album. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Inevitably, given the last two PF Analogue Prods/James Guthrie SACDs I played, I suppose it was inevitable I would play this…

25 Likes

Carly Simon, boys in the trees. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

24 Likes

Great to have Joni back performing.

16 Likes

Nanci Griffith, the last of the true believers. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Personalised and autographed copy, none the less.

First time I’ve listened to a Core rip end to end.

1 Like

Second rip from SWMBO

24 Likes

John Mellencamp No Better Than This

5 Likes

Beck Morning Phase

20 Likes

Lisa Miller Morning in the Bowl of Night

1 Like

New Ian Moss album “Rivers Run Dry” worth a listen Pete ( he was the best of the Chisel band to me ) , lots of styles on the album

The stand out song for me is a ballad - “Hold On ( the sun will rise again ) - a stunner inmo
brilliant vocals by him and great musicianship

A classic song in Australian style - reminds me a bit of the Band “Stars”

1 Like

It’s a great album, I’ve downloaded it to play in the car.