What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell. The traveling kind. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Enjoying…

Came across this iconic Saharan blues collective whilst searching out some material from (the excellent imho) Fatuoumata Diawara, so decided to give this latest offering a ‘spin’ on Qobuz and currently enjoying this ‘simple’ yet intriguing quality recording from this Tuareg music style ensemble. ‘Tidgit’ is a nice tune, and the scale of ‘Jayche Ararat’ comes across impressively imho.

‘Amatssou’ by Tinariwen…

Sublime…
Qobuz 24/44.1
ERA-1s

9 Likes

Very much enjoying…

Sublime
Qobuz 24/44.1
ERA-1s

3 Likes

Best heavy psych band I have ever seen and heard live

5 Likes

In MQA 96, sounds excellent.

Played through Roon Core for the unfold to 24/96, streamed to my NDS through SonoreUPnP bridge, and played as WAV 24/96

20 Likes

In 24/96, one of my favourites

20 Likes

A great recommendation, thanks!

1 Like

Now there are some jams to drift away the time listening to. Awesome album

1 Like

I saw BBA and god were they boring Tony and hated their album which I was so looking forward to. Admiitedly he had a style but perosnally not to my taste though I did like his early jazz rock albums rather than his later. But the one thing he left us with is that all time pub singalong classic Hi Ho Silver Lining.
By the way there is a 4 cd set of BBA previously unreleased material coming out on Sept 15th if you are interested. Recorded in Japan '73 and London '74.

1 Like

Sarah McLachlan at bedtime last night left me thinking that I hadn’t listened to Lucie Silvas in a while. Corrected this morning…

4 Likes

@steviebee

Wow! What a recommendation- solid gold - thank you so much.

Fire!Orchestra - Arrival

3 Likes

Beautiful way to start the day.

17 Likes

Just listening to this on Qobuz Hi Res

The first track is awesome, superb sound production it is what Hi Fi systems were made for.

It’s a long album almost racking in at 2 hours.

Always such a joy to discover new music thanks again @steviebee

3 Likes

1st on on Sunday, I belief didn’t run it before as well…

6 Likes

This is a great set. Everything from a couple of different Mahavishnu lineups, through Shakti, Remember Shaki and duets with Paco De Lucia and Chick Corea.

5 Likes

@steviebee @AndyP

2 Likes

Is that new? If so, may I ask where you got that, please?

Janette Mason - D’ranged. Staying low key this morning. A little delicate :nauseated_face:

It’s not sadly, and it’s been out of print for quite a while. I recommend not looking at the second hand prices.

This is due for delivery today, so I might be spoiling it for myself by listening to it on the Sonos this morning.
Probably not though, as the CD will sound so much better when I get to play it in the week😊

9 Likes