What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Playing on Vinyl a compilation album of garage bands from Texas

3 Likes

Robbed by how many? :thinking:

All of them. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OK! So everyone is fed and watered, time to get back to the music.
One for you here @Pete_the_painter.
RUSH - Counterparts on ND5 XS 2

4 Likes

I’ll give a play tomorrow. :+1:

But the end of the track Fearless will be in danger of reminding you of the football!

3 Likes

Good man, I totally agree with you!

No surprise that Dream Theater follows Rush in this listening room😁

All this talk of LP12’s meant it had to be the Vinyl version😊

4 Likes

I haven’t played this in a while but I was prompted after reading a post about it. It is a very good album. Oh and by the way this, my A1 B1 press kicks the pants off my CD copy!

30 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet At Carnegie Hall / 2001 Columbia / Austria CD x 2 / C2K61455

15 Likes

Some Chvrches will I consider the vinyl purchase.

2 Likes

I have a nice Speakers Corner copy of Naturally which I enjoy every once in a few years. Thats as far as JJ Cale goes in my collection, so donkey’s years later I’m having a first listen to Troubadour for a change :joy:

Any others I should listen to?

:heart:
(Edit; this Qobuz stream sounds a bit wonky)

18 Likes

Black Uhuru. Sensemilla.
Over past year I have been alphabetically (ish) giving my vinyl collection away but this one was kept back. Don’t know why because I’m streaming it from Qobuz.

7 Likes

This is my Dynaflex press, it sounds grand!

13 Likes

This one doesn’t come out often, but it’s a lovely afternoon for enjoying some of my favourite records.
StoneSour - Audio Secrecy

1 Like

Diana Krall, Turn Up The Quiet, 2017.

15 Likes

I have his first half dozen albums. I like them all but they don’t vary much (it’s comfortable music) but none are better than Naturally, his best, imo. He’s the bloke to turn to when you think you might weaken and listen to Clapton & of course you get Cocaine on Troubadour :wink:

5 Likes

@Dreadatthecontrols as @twofifty says - this is essential listening.
With the classic Bringing It Back

Saturday, past september
In the jailhouse, I remember I got caught with too much soul
Bringing it back from mexico

20 Likes

Thats what I was thinking so I read a review which said his solo albums are “interchangeable”.

Now dont get me started on Crapton! Did I ever tell you about the time I spotted him on a beach in Antigua…I nearly had him but he wizzed off on a jet ski quicker than I could shout c*nt!

Sorry!:joy:

5 Likes

Yes, like I said in my post I have that one :+1:
I’ll give it a spin in another few years

:heart:

11 Likes