What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Runrig, Searchlight, 1989.

11 Likes

Some chill jazz toons this evening.

9 Likes

You’re John Spencer, I claim my prize :smiley:

1 Like

Durin’ the war…

1 Like

A band I still sorely miss.

1 Like

That’ll be 343 now :+1:

1 Like

A veritable Blooz explosion!

1 Like

5 Likes

Just bought their farewell concert, I will play it tomorrow.

Everything But The Girl Fuse / 2023 Buzzin’ Fly / Czech Republic CD / EBTG015CD

Recorded / Mixed at Riverside Studios, Bath. Mastered at Abbey Road, London.

15 Likes

Very emotional.

1 Like

IMG_1974

Courtney Marie Andrews - Old Flowers. I’ve had this 2020 album for a while, but not listened to it much. I don’t know why as it’s terrific. She has a lovely voice. I think I’ve got her 2022 release, Loose Future as well so I must give that a listen.

9 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/live/3ZmtEdl12LY?

4 Likes

Hey,is that an mk2 G700? How does it sound with the guru’s? Really liking the vu meters​:relieved::handshake:

Post supper chill out with Lord Huron after another day at the rcm-face.

8 Likes

I agree with that Graeme I’ve only recently acquired those.

1 Like

Everything But The Girl Amplified Heart / 1995 Blanco Y Negro / Germany CD / 0630104532

16 Likes

Live Cream.

14 Likes

Steely Dan - Can’t Buy A Thrill.

22 Likes

Hi, yes it is, got intrigued into what Technics was up to with the 1000 and when they released the m2 700 and saw the reviews and mostly because of a really favourable reception by an XS3 owner on this forum, took the plunge.

So yes it is teamed up with my trusty Guru’s and it sounds sublime. I have a Sn3 / Hicap Dr 2 in my Naim system and the presentation is very different, but then so are the environments they are in.

Technics is a very neutral performer, but don’t take that for dull, if it’s dynamic music then it’s all there , but if it’s languid then it’s sipping a martini cool.

Great amp, the speaker calibration circuits works really well and it appears limitless in its dynamic range.

The phono stage is an absolute honey.

1 Like