What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Wow,great to hear that! I am listening to my qm10two’s with an Arcam SA30,but i’m not a big of a fan,it sounds good but the bass is too “heavy” and the high’s on the polite side,so am looking for recommendations of what to try next. Speakers,i absolutely love them😌

Rory Gallagher- Top Priority

10 Likes

Sadly not many of this team still alive

18 Likes

Lucinda Williams - Stories from a Rock n Roll Heart

This slipped out a few months ago. Just what you would expect with Mr & Mrs Springsteen helping out.

13 Likes

That’ll be me then! :smiley:

Nothing to add to what Adam has posted. A wonderful amplifier that is subtle when needed and takes no prisoners when the ante is upped.
Oh… and those meters!

The tape of last night’s E&TVP show at Pizza Express Holborn: 110 minutes of Vooduu magic!

7 Likes

Elvis Presley - Rockin’, a release from '99 that formed a part of a set of themed compilations. Not just the early stuff.

5 Likes

Adderley & Axelrod was a marriage made in heaven & this is a great compilation of some of their best stuff. Cannonball plays Zawinul is another great comp I love. CD rip.

11 Likes

Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean.

16 Likes

@twofifty Along with “Accent on Africa” (another Cannonball-Ax job) that is my favourite album of his.

3 Likes

Never doubt the Gurus is what I have learnt, had two pairs for over a decade, mk1.5’s and mk2’s , only moved the latter on recently to a good friend as not being used.

Enjoying my first listen….out on tour with Mavis Staples….

Got a very young break being passed through the crowd to play with Bo Diddley

10 Likes

Sorry Neil, definitely wanted to give you credit, but was in a hurry and didn’t want to get the wrong Neil.

Your feedback pulled the trigger for sure.

It’s an incredible amp, still kinda think I should have gone silver but the mate I sold my Gurus to reckons the black is better.

1 Like

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily.

21 Likes

You’ll know for sure but Adderley always seems a bit underrated to me? Axelrod seems to get the full respect he deserves thankfully.

2 Likes

Sorry, should add the mate I sold my second pair of Gurus to has a Arcam Sa20, it has never sounded as good.

He has a challenging room but the Gurus forgive many such hurdles but yes, sound signature of the Arcam’s is a little lacking in drama when needed.

The Technics however is perfectly capable of bringing the thrills.

I think Cannonball’s problem was that he often played in such esteemed company that he was overshadowed, despite being a great musician himself. I like his big, soulful, meaty sax (oo-er missus) sound.

4 Likes

Looks like Nils’s wallet damaging virus will now move on to me😂 When it compares favorably to the sn3,it’s a no brainer to order one to try out

Your Gurus will be forever grateful, and you’ll be able to turn the amp up far more before they start winking their little blue lights at you. Sublime, if unlikely combination.

1 Like

Steely Dan Can’t Buy A Thrill / 2010 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY20122

@Graeme Playing this because you tempted me to and I did buy this thrill!

20 Likes