What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I’m loving that your loving it. Mine was posted yesterday but not landed yet, will settle for British Conversations in the meantime.
Had a really lovely conversation on email with Jon at My Only Desire the past couple of days, seems like a really nice guy. He said he was pleased I already have British Conversations as he is particularly proud of that one. I’m sure Down The Road will at least be its equal, even better perhaps?

:heart:

6 Likes

A couple of light crackles on the start of two sides and the very odd click but nothing worth getting a replacement for (& I’m quite fussy!).

1 Like

Curtis - Curtis Mayfield
Actually via Stream, also enjoying the 2013 Rhino Vinyl

One of my most listened albums this year. IMO one of the best Soul albums of all time, same level as What’s going on by Marvin Gaye. I just love this album.

18 Likes

Great album, is now on my list. Thanks @Blackstar and @Dreadatthecontrols for your recommendations :+1:

2 Likes

Fancied a bit of swing!
First UK stereo pressing, lovely.

17 Likes

Chris Bellman cut?

…and here I go again! :joy:

1 Like

Original 1973 vinyl. Still sounds good. Historically important stuff imho.

25 Likes

Do you clean records first?

1 Like

…I thought that might rev you up again :rofl:

1 Like

Dan Auerbach – Waiting On A Song
CD rip|2017

11 Likes

On Vinyl:
71CTNTsmI5L.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

11 Likes

Matron just arrived with my medication and a change of clothes…I’ll be alright in a bit :+1:

1 Like

yes, Okki Nokki.
The noise is very slight so a second clean may remove though. Either way I’m happy with sound as it is very slight on a couple of beginnings and only last2-3 second. Sometimes you get a replacement and it’s far worse.

1 Like

Sounds like a bit of non-fill (the scourge of Optimal), hope not I cant stand that, drives me nuts!

I see they have just announced Joni Mitchell Archive No 3. 1972 - 1975

This latest volume includes early demos and alternate versions from sessions from For The Roses, Court & Spark and The Hissing Of Summer Lawns, historic live show recordings, including the entirety of Mitchell’s 1972 return to Carnegie Hall and a gig with her Court And Spark backing band.

This and the next one are the one’s I have been waiting for.

3 Likes

Back on the MPS label and still down a Clarke/Boland rabbit hole
Qobuz

:heart:

4 Likes

I don’t think so, checked it on discogs. There are loads of different versions and pressings. I am totally content with this version, real good pressing, nice SQ and the music is just great

1 Like

Remember seeing her at the IOW festival. She didn’t endear herself to the audience when she became very preachy about our behaviour. It’s a fu## rock festival was our attitude. I especially remember her saying we were behaving like tourists. A line that so impressed me I’ve used it many times myself.

1 Like

Love her music to bits but she does talk a load of old tosh especially at live concerts.

1 Like