What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

She’s not alone there😂

1 Like

Apart from this recent Live at Newport where other people seem to be doing the talking for her.

1 Like

Playing on cassette recorded off The Friday Rock Show with Tommy Vance on Radio 1 on FM

Their only UK concert on the And There Where Three World Tour …I went and it was brilliant

9 Likes

Sorry, yes I just remembered I’m confusing with the Curtis box set from a while back that Chris Bellman cut.
Unfortunately I returned multiple copies due to warping and ended up settling on the CD set, still very good.

1 Like

Moving Panoramas

Leslie Sisson

Moving Panoramas is a great band from Austin Texas, fonted by Leslie Sisson who has also released a solo album.

Also check out The American Analog Set and The Wooden Birds. Leslie has played in both bands.

Great music quite unlike anything else I’ve heard.

1 Like

On Vinyl:
81Vtcs0KSkL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

10 Likes

Now Playing…

Bridgid Mae Power - Dream From The Deep Well

Brigid Mae Power (Vocals, Mellotron, Guitar, Piano, Tenor Guitar, Organ, Harmonica, Accordion, Mandolin), Peter Broderick (Drums, Bass, Organ, Bass Synth, Mellotron, Vocals, Violin), Conor O’Brien (Flugelhorn), Daniel O’Sullivan (Flute, Guitar, Synth, Piano, Autoharp, Harmonium, Percussion), Hamilton Belk (Pedal Steel Guitar) and David Allred (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention above from @AndyP had me place in the queue and now taking Brigid out for a spin for the first time. …and she is sounding mighty fine on the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album!

7 Likes

No it’s definitely not non-fill (I hate that too), just like static crackle

1 Like

New CD transport added to the main system, dragging discs out of boxes, and found this. Some excellent stuff on here.

Nice to be able to play CDs again.

2 Likes

I’ll let you know how mine is when it lands

1 Like

Revolver CD. I don’ t play this that much. By their standards there is some average stuff on here, but also some absolute gems, particularly by that Bass playing chap.

27 Likes

The one and only album from the (in my view) quite wonderful Scars.

2 Likes

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams.
(artwork by Ronnie Wood).

16 Likes

One of my favourite rock songs on repeat. BCC. Bonamassa, Glenn Hughes, Bonham, Sherinian.

Had that on for the last hour whilst making a lamb jalfrezi, brilliant! :+1:

2 Likes

Another evening alone - partner is babysitting grandson and not back till tomorrow - started with this….

Japan - Quiet Life

Sounds gorgeous - Mick Karns bass lines so tuneful everything coming together beautifully courtesy of the 222/300/250

Mention to @HungryHalibut and anyone else interested - not changing the speakers - tried various in the new room but keep going back to my Monitor Audio Gold 200’s.
I no longer think they’re too big for the room - they’re still sounding great - think the change of cabling to Chord EpicXL has helped!

20 Likes

2LP set on My Only Desire Records. What an amazing archival find this one is !

6 Likes

Cream - Disraeli Gears - 1967

Prompted as I am reading the Clapton autobiog at the moment. His annoyance at a couple of Fabs albums stealing the show that year is abundantly clear!

21 Likes

The Changes - Original Television Soundtrack by Paddy Kingsland.

For anyone like me, old enough to remember the series (1975), a wonderful reminder and great music. Unavailable for many decades, other than a short re-mixed/re-recorded suite issued on 45rpm in 1975 to tie-in with the series. Now the full score exactly as heard in the program. Great stuff!

Rhiannon Giddens - You’re the One

Top marks for the album cover so good to see proper album art rather than the iPhone photoshop DIY stuff we see all the time.

Stunning album - songwriting and production are as good as it gets.

14 Likes