What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Some ‘record re-arranging’ going on so pulling out a few Roxy 12 inchers for a play. This one from 1979 sounds fantastic!

8 Likes

First one from this mornings haul, cleaned and on the LP12.
Sounds really good. No breakfast cereal noises at all😊

7 Likes

Some Prodigy from 1994 up next …

9 Likes

Just bought it from the same place. Gorgeous album.

The Triffids - Born Sandy Devotional. Having played Calenture last night, fancied continuing this afternoon with
the predecessor to that album - equally as good.

3 Likes

Sonny Rollins. Alfie.
Mmm nice jazz but I’m left wondering What’s it all about?

Find streaming this genre on Qobuz perfect .
Thanks to @twofifty for the prompt

7 Likes

Jah Wobble Rising Above Bedlam, particularly enjoyed Sinead O’Connor on the first track Visions of You.

2 Likes

Wee Lauren and the chaps of Chvrches…kicking off with Screen Violence after completing chores. The auto-tuning effects on her voice in the multi-tracking of the vocals stands out more on some tracks compared to the stream.

Great album also with the wonderful Natacha Atlas.

2 Likes

On vinyl: Self-titled 1986 roots / country album by T Bone Burnett, with some top supporting musicians, such as David Hidalgo, Jerry Douglas, Jerry Scheff, Byron Berline, Billy Swan and Steve Duncan. Until recently reading a Bob Dylan biography, I’d no idea that T Bone had been part of Dylan’s backing band at one time.

5 Likes

7 Likes

2nd one playing from this mornings haul.
Some absolutely amazing tunes on here.

11 Likes

2nd hand nd vinyl from Tubeway Records 2 in Bridgnorth. Mix of new and used, only been open a couple of weeks, great shop, I hope it’s a success.

13 Likes

David Bowie - Station to Station

20 Likes

At the RFH Brian Wilson gig January 28th 2002 , I met David Leaf and asked if the Beach Boys & The California Myth would be reissued…he promised ’ sometime this century '…good to his word.

4 Likes

Nice funky blues.

2 Likes

Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy. I’ve always thought this was a decent Dylan record, but listening to it today for the first time in a while, I’m enjoying it more than ever. With age, my appreciation of his music seems to be increasing.

16 Likes

Trombone Shorty - Lifted
2022 Blue Note Vinyl
Mastering by Bernie Grundman
Pressing by Optimal

Trombone Shorty is a mega talented guy, plays Trombone, Trumpet, Synthesizer and Drums, and also sings. The album is a melting pot of Jazz, Soul and Rock. It‘s not an audiophile or complex style, this is just real good music giving great vibes. Fantastic rhythm when the weather outside is like in the rainforest in Brazil. :wink:

BTW @Dreadatthecontrols this an absolute anti-FOMO record. It has always been on my list and actually discovered it for a tenner and bought it.

This guy reminds me of a young and Jazzy Lenny Kravitz.

6 Likes

Its my favourite too…….but Bob Dylan was not a fan of it?

1 Like

That album arrived with Mrs B when we married 40 years ago. I played it for the first time a fortnight ago. :astonished: It’s surprisingly good.