What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

My favourite of his post-Blood On The Tracks albums.

Moon Duo - Stars Are The Light - 2019

Pretty chilled psychedelia from the San Francisco band. A bit Boards Of Canada with vocals in places, so not a bad thing.

4 Likes

Really? I think it was well received by the critics, although not everyone seems to be a fan of the distinctive sound of producer, Daniel Lanois. Personally, I like albums produced by Lanois. I particularly like Dylan’s music from and including Time Out Of Mind. In fact, I’ve just put this on:

I don’t have many of his earliest records and need to put that right soon.

11 Likes

It really is and this pressing is perfect😊

I have Blood On The Tracks and I know it’s considered one of hist best, but I’ve struggled to fully appreciate it. I need to give it another try.

Perhaps try the Ryan Adam’s version🤔
It is brilliant without being too different, yet NOT Dylan🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

I’m a regular at Tubeway in Shrewsbury, and need to get to the new shop. Keep hearing good things and as you say, it’s only been open a few weeks.

BTW, Time Honored Ghosts is a cracker!

1 Like

After a battling away win (the best sort) getting funky with War The World’s a Ghetto. The grooves on the two long tracks just keep on giving.

8 Likes

Toto - Toto (debut album).

7 Likes

Excellent compilation.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Nice album! :heart:

1 Like

Various Artists: Tell Everybody! (21st Century Juke Joint Blues From Easy A Sound)

5 Likes

Huge Burnett fan. Proof Through The Night my personal favourite but everything up to his last couple is worth hearing I think. The last 2 are good but a tad weird. He’s a real talent & a great producer.

2 Likes

Feeling a tad like California here so some Randy C, Jay & co - Spirit The Family that Plays Together. They tend to be pigeon-holed as West Coast Psych Rock but they offer so much more than that. Probably should be nominated on the Band That Should Have Been Bigger thread.

13 Likes

On CD:-

51Nny2O0AbL._AC_1

Mendelssohn - Sympnony No.3 (Scotch) - Bernstein - New York Philharmonic

7 Likes

Chill time.

17 Likes

I’m always waxing lyrical about the Platipus Records series, and I have many of them on vinyl and CD from 1993 onwards. They also released the excellent Art Of Chill CD’s from 2003.
Such a shame their Archive series is non-physical media only, I would have certainly nabbed a few on vinyl.
This one is from last year.

3 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes