What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The lovely Kate Rusby☺️. Hourglass - her solo debut. The remastered 25th anniversary issue.

15 Likes

10 Likes

Good tip, cheers. Will explore some more of these. :+1:

1 Like

Mikey Dread . World War III
One of my favourite Saturday night albums.

Extended cd version from my iTunes library to Bluetooth speaker

2 Likes

I just love Bold Riley from this album.

1 Like

On vinyl: Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti. I’ve probably not listened to this for almost 40 years. The only LZ albums I own are this and LZ iv. I know there’s quite a few LZ fans on here and I thought it’s high time I tried this again!

31 Likes

3 Likes

Fred Again/Brian Eno - Secret Life - 2023

Slightly surprising collaboration, but enjoying it.

3 Likes

Capercaillie - At The Heart Of It All.
Looking forward to seeing them at the weekend.

2 Likes

6 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

It was a very special evening.

Great that the David Leaf has had a reprint in its revised/expanded addition.

1 Like

11 Likes

Do you know/like Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde On Blonde? BOTT always felt to me more in the vein of those. But many here will differ.

I sometimes wonder how’s our Fred doing nowadays. It was nice back in time when he was posting in these forums.

9 Likes

Horace Andy - You Are My Angel (Trojan LP)

Superb compilation of Horace Hinds aka Sleepy aka the great Horace Andy recordings at King Tubbys.
Includes the title track, John Saw Them Coming, a cover of Alton Ellis’s Studio One hit Can I Change My Mind, his essentiall cover of Bill Withers Aint No Sunshine and more good stuff.
Originally released by Trojan in the early seventies this is the 1996 re issue…A Porky Prime Cut no less!

:heart:

3 Likes

At the best time along with a stellar cast of cohorts including Mick Ronson.

12 Likes

I’ve got Blonde on Blonde and Highway 61, but again I’ve struggled a bit with them. Having said that, I’ve been enjoying Dylan so much recently and I thoroughly enjoyed the Howard Sounes Bob Dylan biography I read recently, I’m going to make an effort with his earlier stuff

2 Likes

Some bloke with a bald head…what is it?