What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

He was funny live. If anyone asked for postcards from Scarborough, he would say “ah, a medley of my hit”. And if he hit a bum note it was “jazz” in that John Thompson voice…but my, he could play. He trucked around the country for years, gig to gig, just him in an old estate car. Brilliant every time. I still don’t understand how he wasn’t as big as his contemporaries in that scene. Guess he just did his own thing.

3 Likes

Incredible String Band. Self titled and Hard rope & silken twine.
Back to back. The first and last studio albums from my favourite band.

10 Likes

5 Likes

After Rainmaker and Survivor perhaps you could list me the next 3 to queue up, if you get time.

2 Likes

Moved over to vinyl……

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

18 Likes

Great stuff. Hangman’s my favourite.

2 Likes

Deacon Blue - Raintown.

12 Likes

26 Likes

9 Likes

My favourite is Wee Tam and the Big Huge . Play “U” a lot too. Have a soft spot for double albums. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

He made over 30 albums! His third on Harvest, Wrecked Again, is a favourite - it was buried by the label, shamefully. True North is excellent, Fish is good, and there are two albums of Americana which are worth a listen too.

1 Like

Thanks Rigsby. That should keep me going. :+1:

1 Like

And now I have to play Changing Horses…

1 Like

13 Likes

Fancied some George Harrison tonight

12 Likes

A CAN and a SPOON on a WIRE at THE DOORS of the MELVINS.

People at Discogs are having fun!

7 Likes

IMG_7934

Just buy the whole lot

2 Likes

John Martyn. CD. Debut album 1967. A Sunday evening favourite. Lovely songs.

13 Likes

Thanks too Riggers. I wasn’t aware of Wrecked Again either - pretty sure several songs (including this one) were staples of his mid 70 s sets. Saw him a few times around the North & North East then.

3 Likes

18 Likes