What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I have & enjoy the first 4 albums. I probably need to listen to their later material.

1 Like

Court Yard Hounds, the first album from two-thirds of Dixie Chicks.

8 Likes

George Duke & others join Bromberg for a beautifully recorded album of soulful jazz. Great bass playing from Bromberg. Easy on the ear but none the worse for that, especially on a Sunday evening.

5 Likes

Mott the Hoople - Wildlife

One of four albums released before they got a hit with All The Young Dudes

This album is very much country rock with some great ballads and a nice cover of Melanie’s ‘Lay Down’.

Despite the acoustic vibe the last track is a raucous incongruous 9 minute live version Little Richard’s Keep a knockin’

8 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, kid stuff. It’s Monday already down under. Need everything I can find to make it a happy day. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Well just got back from the races - quite literally!
Had to go and rescue partners daughter from Ladies Day at Southwell!
Time for a quickie then bed
Original release of Kraftwerk - Electric Cafe

12 Likes

Endless Summer/The Beach Boys

The extremely commercially successful US comp from 1974.

10 Likes

Great recording of a superb gig.

Three Masters at work, and having fun with it.

4 Likes

The Orb featuring David Gilmour: Metallic Spheres

11 Likes

Kate Rusby, hourglass. Following @Rigsby21’s lead. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Jazz: Red Hot And Cool, a live album, but not featuring the classic quartet, with Suzy Parker on the cover.

11 Likes

Bedtime tunes courtesy of Dave Brubeck and @AlanP. Great choice for night time tunes sir👍🏼

7 Likes

Gillian Welch, all the good times are past and gone. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Michael Kiwanuka, Love & Hate, 2016.

16 Likes

.sjb

1 Like

3 Likes

Gone with some Elles Bailey this morning and 2017 album ‘Wildfire’

3 Likes

I woke up early this morning, so decided to listen to a few LPs, which were Love’s ‘Forever Changes’, Tim Buckley’s self-titled first album, and The Doors’ ‘Morrison Hotel’ (after seeing a fascinating TV programme about the making of the album).

It only occurred to me as I was putting them away that all three were Elektra releases. For a (relatively) small record company, Elektra punches above its weight.

8 Likes

Ah, thats good :+1: