What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Never heard of this lady before, but Qobuz put her as a similar to Elles so I thought I’d give her a play.
Danielle Nicole - Cry No More from 2018, selected at random.

3 Likes

Hi,I never bought the original release,so couldn’t comment on wether or not this edition is “better /improved “ .
However I do wish I had bought the original,not to compare them,but to have not missed out on the great music for all those years.

The later albums I play the most are Earthspan and No ruinous feud and always back to back.
In the middle period Changing horses and Liquid acrobat should not be overlooked imo.

2 Likes

Kitten and I have moved down to the bottom of the Garden as Mrs QS is working from home today and has taken over the kitchen.
Starting my morning with Rush and Power Windows. This is one you should try @Pete_the_painter :wink:

7 Likes

I’ll give it a spin tomorrow. :+1:

2 Likes

Neil Young. Chrome dreams.
Cd of alternative versions.
I saw, I streamed. I bought.

20 Likes

I was listening just now to Nathan Milstein playing Bach’s Solo Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin. It seems impossible that this music is around 300 years old. It really could have been written yesterday, it has such a timeless quality.

1 Like

I have that on LP, waiting to be played. I’m really looking forward to hearing it, and trying to work out why Young Neil has suppressed it for almost 50 years.

And I don’t ‘get’ why the tracks listed on the cover in manuscript seem to bear no relation to the printed contents list on the other side of the same cover.

1 Like

That’s one of the reasons I love streaming. I already own a large library of music and now only want to add albums I have heard first and liked enough to buy

Good morning @QuickSticks just a quick question - have you somehow found a way to control my computer - its just that I’ve sat down to work and the first thing JRiver has put on random is this?

4 Likes

Not for me, thanks.

Ray LaMontagne - Part of the Light. Exploring his catalogue.

9 Likes

Ray wasn’t working for me this morning, so have turned to something that does. Bonny Light Horseman, self titled. Find more to love in this album each time I play it.

13 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:
No Simon, but I applaud ‘JRivers’ taste.
I’m currently listening to this:

I hope you’re having a good morning😉
Simon (…alias Quicksticks)

3 Likes

The unreleased original album has had additional tracks added and order of play changed for this release.

patk …you saying that you haven’t listened to it in ages caught my eye as I played mine last weekend and like you hadn’t played it in decades.
Really enjoyed it especially the Mobeius and Planet Of The Shapes…There’s some serious bass and amazing stereo…It was great hearing it again

1 Like

So just to clarify then - Simon is not controlling Simon’s computer?

Ah well JRiver has now offered up this…

David Gilmore - About Face

Still prefer it when they all work together

11 Likes

Really enjoying on a CD remaster I got in a charity shop for 50 p so 50p … well spent.The remaster sounds incredible.I have it on vinyl but never played it much as it’s very crackly so it’s a joy getting reacquainted with it as never played it on vinyl

18 Likes

That’s a good album, but I totally agree with you.
Together they are definitely greater than the sum of the parts…:blush:

Definitely going on next TC.
I think I’ll bring out my original vinyl copy for a spin.
Not played it in quite some time👍🏼

1 Like