What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

@QuickSticks
Are you sure about what you said earlier???

This has now come on…

7 Likes

Ok, so I cheated.
The Kitten is about and it’s lunch time, so we’ve gone for the Qobuz option instead.

13 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:
I must be one of Ese’s Vooduu people… :wink:

Thank you. You would think that there would be some explanation!

There are probably a fair few Neil Young fans out there wondering what the heck is going on!

1 Like

@anon70766008 and to confuse matters there is also Chrome dreams II released in 2007.

I’m behind the curve on this!

When I get round to it I’m going to fire up the T/T and play Journey through the past. A double vinyl that he won’t release on cd, or reissue on any other format for that matter.

You say he won’t release it, but its already out there?

19 Likes

Kacey MusGraves, golden hour. Happy birthday Kacey MusGraves. :partying_face::birthday:

13 Likes

Very cool. Yes, those are some great tracks. I was pleased with how much I enjoyed hearing it again.

1 Like

Neil released Journey through the past as a double vinyl in 1972. It has never been released on cd and he says it will not be reissued.
At the time of posting I still have my copy.

Ah, Amazon show it as an import. I presume it is not official.

Malia and Boris Blank - Convergence

14 Likes

Any cd available will be home made I think

1 Like

‘Slow Drag’ - Donald Byrd

Tone Poet reissue.

10 Likes

I’m back from a pointless GP appointment and having some music therapy.
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
Distant Early Warning’ seemed like an echo of the Ophthalmologist’s demands on me, my GP and my Cardiologist :joy:

4 Likes

It’s a soundtrack? Is it any good though and who are The Tony and Susan Alamo Christian Foundation Orchestra and Chorus?

You never know with old Neil what he is likely to do.

On a similar note. The musician Sid Griffin wrote a book about the basement tapes .’Million Dollar Bash: Bob Dylan, the Band, and the Basement Tapes’.

At the end of the book is a letter to the Dylan camp pleading to release all the tapes (up until then we only had the double album).

The reply from the Dylan people was “Sorry my friend that is never going to happen”.

2 Likes

It’s quirky but I quite like it. Includes brilliant version of Words studio rehearsal. I would definitely buy again.
Knowing Neil I wouldn’t rule out a reissue

1 Like

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary Edition

20 Likes