What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Nostalgia indeed, I used to own this on vinyl when I was so much younger than today…

4 Likes

Journey Through The Past.

5 Likes

Carrying on with Neil Young,don’t even remember buying this,consequently this is the first spin,sounding pretty good.

16 Likes

I’ve actually got a tape of “Every Picture Tells a Story” that a colleague of my mum’s recorded for me in 1971, iirc. I used to play it on my Philips EL3302 mono cassette recorder. My mum was only 47 then, God rest her soul.

4 Likes

Still got a copy, in the garage along with all my other records

Joy Division – Substance
CD rip|1988

14 Likes

The Beatles 1967-1970. Concentrated genius in two discs. This is the pretty good sounding 2014 reissue.

25 Likes

I have a couple of boxes of cassettes going back to 1971. I recently went through them and chucked out the stuck and unrecoverable ones, ran the others end to end

and then put them back in the boxes :rofl:

A couple of the mix tapes or radio recordings I kept out but all of the others I either have on record or can stream now. Surprisingly they all still sound amazingly good, especially considering their age and storage conditions. ( I am playing them back on the same machine that recorded them, mostly. Nak cassette deck one)

3 Likes

A bit in a heavy mode, this was before…

5 Likes

Some indie electronica for the afternoon by Poliça

2 Likes

Now listening to another heavy one…

3 Likes

Thinking about having a ‘Garage Sale’ anytime soon @BigAl :wink:

The Abba recording was surprisingly decent, given I only had a ribbon FM aerial for my Goodmans. The JVC was only 5 months old, so had no wow etc.

I often do a count-back: 1979 was 44 years ago. 44 years before 1979 was 1935…No wonder things are different…

1 Like

I have no idea what made me think of this… :man_shrugging:t4:
This is SWMBO’s favourite Kiss album and as she is away until tomorrow evening I thought, as it had come to mind, that I would play it😊

1 Like

Nope: in fact I’ve recently invested in some outer sleeves for a couple of hundred LP’s.

Most of my books have been boxed up for months: I just can’t quite go online and (hopefully) arrange for Sue Ryder to pick them up.

They are in the garage as well… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

In the last 7-8 years, we have passed around 75% of our books to various charity shops.
Those that were too painful to part with or are genuine collectibles being the ones we’ve kept.
So saying, we’ve added close to a hundred new books in that same time frame.
This is a never ending cycle…:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

The fix on the album that always jars with me is on the track Somebody Up There Likes Me

As Bowie said to Visconti after “Now you pick them on a screen, this should be followed by the words “What they look like” (you will notice a space) I had intended Luther and co: to do it but forgot. Could you and Mary do a little number on that one”.

Bowie’s instruction to add more vocals refers to the third verse. Visconti and his then-wife Mary Hopkin’s vocal overdub can be heard at 3:25 on the final mix - once heard never forgotten.

3 Likes

Laura Groves - Radio Red

1 Like

Techfunkers - Techfunk is where it’s at

Getting a stream in the cabin.

1 Like

Telemann - Suites : The English Concert

6 Likes