What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Alone & Acoustic - Buddy Guy & Junior Wells.

Live à Fip - Eric Bibb

@bhoyo

Here’s a couple of Belters to get you going, the first one from one of the most famous blues duos ever, and the other a live broadcast from a French radio station.

They’re both on Tidal, so get stuck in.

Give us a shout if you want to move onto early leccy blooze, such as John Lee Hooker, and I’ll try and keep you right.

That Muddy Waters album was one one the first albums I ever bought, and I shortly gained “weirdo” status at school, once seen carrying it around, (As one did, at the time) … … … “Muddy who?”

13 Likes

23 Likes

Puffer’s Choice - Volumes 1 & 2 - various artists.

Two brilliant Dancehall / Dub albums from the lovely folks at Scotch Bonnet Records, courtesy of Mungo’s Hi-Fi, Glasgow’s finest.

Belters, both of them. :+1: :+1: :scotland:

5 Likes

Son Volt - Trace

9 Likes

Thanks Dave (or do you prefer Davie? I’m also a David, and I go by Davie when I’m among Scots).

I spent the biggest chunk of my working life as an offshore diver … … … it didn’t take too long for “Wavey Davey” to be bestowed. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Great album…

3 Likes

Before I had a quick dip into this. A cheap download on Qobuz….

5 Likes

Now playing…

Charles Lloyd & The Marvels + Lucinda Williams - Vanished Gardens

Charles Lloyd (tenor saxophone, flute), Bill Frisell (guitars), Greg Leisz (pedal steel guitar, dobro), Reuben Rogers (bass), Eric Harland (drums) and Lucinda Williams (vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with Charles Lloyd and The Marvels and they are sounding sublime! I just love the opening track of this album ‘Defiant’ with the magnificent interplay between the musicians. This is one sweet album with Lucinda providing vocals on a number of tracks. Well worth the time to give a spin and just may end up on your top ten albums list…

24 Likes

Its a great album, Lucinda & Charles compliment each other very well.

The Beatles - Abbey Road - CD Stereo Box set.

it doesn’t seem 14 years ago that the Stereo and Mono Box sets came out, time is flying by.

29 Likes

Tough gig that job……a friend had the “bends” on a diving trip. He was flown to a decompression chamber, though he took a long time to recover.

Certainly very competitive, and the well-worn cliche “You’re only as good as your last dive” was a constant reminder of that.

Loved every minute of it, together with the worldwide travel. :+1:

4 Likes

Ash Grunwald - Mojo

4 Likes

That album sounds stunning on CD, ripped or streaming. I envy you the MoFI.

1 Like

Super album.

1 Like

Playing on Vinyl loud as it should be - The energy is incredible

717FgAnbJpL.AC_SX425

18 Likes

Floyd o’ clock I do believe?

21 Likes

1st run

1 Like

Dire Straits

Alchemy: Dire Straits Live (Live At Hammersmith Odeon, London/1983)

Edward

27 Likes