What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Her new (and final?) album, out today… already sounding great.

8 Likes

Damian Rice with Lisa Hannigan. CD. Really good and some moments of real beauty.

18 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance -Signs of Life

Foy Vance (Drums, Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Ella Vance (Vocals), Gareth Dunlop (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lute, Mandolin, Mellotron, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Vocals), Al Gamble (Hammond Organ), Colm McClen (Electric Guitar), Conor McCreanor (Bass) and Craig Milton (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this morning with Foy and his ‘Signs of Life’ album and the music is sounding sublime! Life is sweet and so is the music!

7 Likes

14 Likes

Billy Idol - VH1 Storytellers unplugged
2001 CD

Fantastic soundstage on this one, just so much fun on a Friday evening after hours of cleaning my apartment. Steve Stevens is a brilliant guitar player, even on acoustic guitar.

More than 30 years ago I met Billy when I was assisting his private cook preparing a vegan Chili :hot_pepper: at an Open Air Event. Headliner was Simple Minds, he played before them. It was one of the hottest summers in these times. We had 60 Centigrades in the catering tent and 96 Centigrades in the cooking area.

3 Likes

‘Tommy’ - The Who

Abbey Road half speed remaster - really great reissue. Looking forward to the similar reissue of ‘Who’s Next’ next month.

17 Likes

Ringo Starr - Blast From Your Past - CD

This is a blast from the past, first purchased on cassette, always brings a smile.

13 Likes

Bob Marley - Live!
1990 CD

Especially for @Dreadatthecontrols I digged this out. I have always been enjoying it. What a great feeling this sound is delivering. I should listen to more Reggae in the near future. Unfortunately it is extremely underrepresented in my collection.

Peace :v:

16 Likes

Woody Shaw’s incedible debut as a leader, on Bernie-mastered Craft Jazz Dispensary double vinyl. One of THE greatest jazz albums ever…

4 Likes

Genesis

Genesis Live - The Way We Walk Volume One: ‘The Shorts’

Edward

9 Likes

This is a fascinating new album, including some Bach, Adams’ Shaker Loops and various other pieces I’ve not heard before. It’s good to try something new.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I’m well on with the two hour 2013 ‘Deluxe’. Magic! :+1:

2 Likes

I saw him live in London at the time of the release. Brian Eno was in the audience and Daniel Lanois literally had to drag him up on stage. They performed the Velvet Underground’s Waiting for the Man.

I saw Lanois a few years in Ramsgate at the Ramsgate Music Hall. They call it a hall it is more like a kiosk. I was nearly sitting on his lap steel.

6 Likes

‘Dark Side of the Moon’ - Pink Floyd

Hitting some classic LPs this evening.

24 Likes

Check out the FLK if you have time… who are definitely not in anyway the KLF :wink:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Anna Tivel - Blue World

Anna Tivel (Vocals), Galen Clark (Piano, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Organ) and Micah Hummel (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on into the late morning hour with this July 2021 album release from Anna and along with Galen and Michael are sounding sublime! One very fine album…

5 Likes

Some ‘Strand of Oaks’ to kick off on return to home.

2 Likes

Forrest Gump The Soundtrack.

5 Likes

I have chosen some compilations for tonight’s listening session

Virgin 21st Anniversary Sampler.

5 Likes

Yeah, will do, cheers :+1: