What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Sad to hear about Bernie leaving us yesterday. RIP.

15 Likes

‘Vienna’ – Ultravox

4th album by the band and the first in the Midge-era. Co-produced by Connie Plank.

Adore the opening instrumental track on this LP – ‘Astrodyne’ – and especially Billie Currie’s viola. A ballsy way to kick off one of the great albums of the ‘80s, IMO.

19 Likes

Great to see another Coheed & Cambria fan on the forum, if you like No Worlds For Tomorrow you should try Good Apollo Burning Star IV or In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3 if you haven’t heard them already as they are both in a similar vein to No Worlds but considerably better IMHO

3 Likes

One of Bernie Marsdens for tonight…r.i.p

13 Likes

10cc - 10cc - CD

Having a nostalgia feast tonight.

17 Likes

On CD, an absolutely magnificent trio album from the Cuban-born pianist.

3 Likes

Partners watching some of her “stuff" on telly so I’ve snuck off to music room and chilling to this….

12 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke - Siwan

Jon Balke (Keyboards, Conductor), Barokksolistene: Amina Alaoui (Vocal), Jon Hassell (Trumpet, Electronics), Kheir Eddine M’Kachiche (Violin), Helge Norbakken (Percussion), Pedram Khavar Zamini (Zarb), Bjarte Eike (Violin), Per Buhre (Violin), Peter Spissky (Violin), Anna Ivanovna Sundin (Violin), Miloš Valent (Violin), Rastko Roknic (Viola),Joel Sundin (Viola), Tom Pitt (Violoncello), Kate Hearne (Violoncello), Mattias Frostensson (Double-Bass), Andreas Arend (Theorboe, Archlute) and Hans Knut Sveen (Harpsichord, Clavichord).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24… continuing on through the noon hour with Jon Balke’s ‘Siwan’ album and he is accompanied by an extremely talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

5 Likes

I’ve loved Talking Heads since their first album, 77, yet I’ve never bought the live album Stop Making Sense. Until today! Fantastic.

23 Likes

Fantastic is exactly the right word!

1 Like

SNL25_volume1
Saturday Night Live 25: Volume 1, some classic performances of some classic songs.

3 Likes

ELO - Eldorado - CD

Another originally bought on cassette.

18 Likes

The album was played a lot on mid-70’s Radio Caroline. I had the original vinyl with the book. Just listening to the 1987 remix which reveals a lot more detail.

Alan Parsons and Eric Woolfson had the knack for choosing great vocalists. Here we get Arthur Brown, John Miles, Terry Sylvester, Leonard Whiting and Chopper Harris’ cousin Jack Harris.

Plus the backing band here and on a number of The Project albums ‘January’ - Pilot.

14 Likes

34 Likes

I see what you just did - nice link with my previous post.

1 Like

Excellent Andy, hats off to anybody that can drop a relevant mention of Ron Harris into a music thread :+1:

1 Like

Guitar Speak, an instrumental album, featuring Alvin Lee, Leslie West, Steve Howe and Hank Marvin, among many others. Eclectic.

2 Likes

On the new MuSo 2 via Qobuz
The Orpheus Chamber Orchestra
Vivaldi - Le Quattro Stagioni

1 Like

Stevie Nicks, complete albums and rarities. Disc 5. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Stumbled upon this on Tidal. Brought back some memories! What I remember of the day, which followed a friend’s 21st party was (apart from Geldof swearing) Phil Collins appearing in Wembley and Philadelphia, Radio GaGa by Queen and Heartbeat City by The Cars, but looking back at the track listing it was just about a who’s who of the music scene of the time.

11 Likes