What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Cindy Wilson (yes, her, from the B52s): Realms

3 Likes

Remember it like it was yesterday. I was 15 - and watched it on the telly on a hot July Saturday. Loved every moment of it.

10 Likes

I see you’ve picked Ultravox! I seem to remember I had a great live album of theirs back in the day with a brilliant version of ‘The Voice’. I must see if I can find it. The cover was green and architectural. I’ve mislaid albums through house moves at home and overseas but I’m assured ‘they are here somewhere’. :thinking:

Probably ‘Monument’?

6 Likes

That’s it! I must try and find it now.

1 Like

Hayley Sales, when the bird became a book. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just for you, Sir!:sunglasses:

29 Likes

Madeleine Peyroux, the best of Madeleine ine Peyroux, keep me in your heart for a while. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Mariah Carey, music box. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

George Michael Listen Without Prejudice

19 Likes

Arooj Aftab, Vulture Prince. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Amy Winehouse, back to black. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

The Mort Coil, it’ll end in tears. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

I loved the No Speak label set up as an off-shoot of Miles Copeland III’s IRS records.

Quite a few of the releases are around on Qobuz but now on different labels.

I have the Robby Krieger and Wishbone Ash albums.

The albums were of their time in terms of instrumental production and guitar effects sounds and the label itself was unfairly lumped into the vogue New Age category.

2 Likes

Gary Moore over Coffee, Breakfast & Wordle
Really loving the new MuSu 2…:blush:

15 Likes

Perfect Saturday morning music

28 Likes

If there are any Latin jazz fans out there you will like this. I caught his set at Love Supreme in ‘22 and it was superb. As is this release. Out this week and streaming on Qobuz

2 Likes

Marvin Gaye, Live at the London Palladium, 1977.

11 Likes

Agreed on your last paragraph, but still a decent listen, although I don’t play it often.

1 Like

Awesome record!

1 Like