What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Starting the day with another compilation

s-l500
A cheap way to acquire “Doctor Doctor” bu UFO at the time. Includes the excellent “Why Did You Do It?” by Stretch.

3 Likes

Surface of the Earth, Surface of the Earth, 2022.

Whitesnake

Greatest Hits (2022 Remix)

Bernie Marsdens…r.i.p

Edward

7 Likes

The new release from Chip Wickham out of the Gondwana stable. Chilled and laid back. Very good whilst reading the papers.

1 Like

16 Likes

I wish I’d got my act together and gone to that event. I watched it all on the TV end to end. Queen stole the show IMO.

3 Likes

Watched on TV from opening credits to the end. Very hot summer day outside.
Hardly moved from the seat. :joy:
Will never forget the whole show/experience.
To be there live and experience it, wow! :exploding_head:

Some folky Americana by Lord Huron to kick off today’s listening.

6 Likes

Metallica

Metallica (2021 Remaster)

Edward

15 Likes

I wonder how it compares to the original for SQ? I have the original and I’m tempted!

I have always been a big Heads fan and have all their albums, apart from a few more obscure live ones. I got the original of this when it was released and was just wondering how they compare for SQ?

Visions of Johanna was stuck in my head earlier and I just had to put this on.

20 Likes

Sade - The Best of
2016 Abbey Road Reissue

Got this double LP for a twennie two weeks ago. This is a d@mn bargain. Fantastic pressing, super quiet, SQ is fantastic. My old copies from teenage times are not that good nowadays. This one is at the same level regarding the soundstage. Fantastic Job by Miles and Optimal :ok_hand:

23 Likes

The Black Keys

17 Likes

23 Likes

Frampton Comes Alive!

14 Likes

Anna Netrebko, orchestra del Teatro della Scala de Milano, Amata dalle tenebre. Beautiful voice. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Metallica

Reload

Edward

7 Likes

I remember in high school when EVERYONE had this double LP.

1 Like

Can’t help Martin, never owned the original. I think the re-release has a couple of extra tracks?